Chapter 9: Starbucks

Lacey Montez:

I went out by myself after my quick meal with Cal and Kristy. I borrowed Cal's car since I didn't have mine. It was around one o' clock after we ate, so I guess we sort of had brunch. Sierra still wasn't home, and I started to get worried. I called her about 75 times and texted her like 150 times. She still hasn't answered. 

I didn't know where I was going, but I climbed in Cal's car, plugged in my ATL music loud, then rolled the windows half way down. Sure, I was still in sweats and a sweatshirt, but it really didn't matter at this point anymore. I had so much in my mind. Christian, Crawford, Sierra, my dream...

I didn't know if my dream was a sign or anything, but I'd never had a dream that intense. Cal's my best friend, and I never want anything to change between us. But what if my dream was a sign? Or what if he does actually like me? Fuck.

Sierra's scaring the crap out of me right now. I wish I knew where she was. I start to think of the way she cried for Crawford. Just for him. She actually likes her, and he likes her back. I smile to myself at the thought of my best friend falling in love. She was happy, and I could tell...

Christian was different than other people. He would look into your eyes like he could read inside of you. I started to think about the party, and how he looked at me. Is it possible he knew I was lying?

I was so busy with my thoughts I didn't notice the streetlight turn green. I heard the sound of a car honk behind me and put my foot on the pedal.

I end up near the neighborhood of mine and Sierra's apartment and see a Starbucks nearby. Why not? I drive around to find a parking and think about how much the neighborhood reminds me of those old San Fransisco buildings near small little shops.

Once I find a parking space, I let my messy bun out then grab my lanyard attached with my keys, my wallet, and my phone. The smell of coffee greeted me as I stepped my way inside. I look around the tiny coffee shop and surprisingly see Sierra sitting down, on her phone.

At first, I was actually thinking of turning around and leaving the place, but my feet started to have a mind of its own and went towards Sierra.

"Uh, hey," I quickly said and sat in the empty seat in front of Sierra.

Sierra looked up at me, shocked. She looked at me and then towards the cashier. She looked a bit antsy, but I really wanted to apologize for our argument.

"Hey," she smiled and shut her phone off. 

"Why haven't you answered me?" I asked. "I've been worried..."

"Oh... my phone died earlier, and I just charged it recently. I guess I have too many notifications to notice."

I suddenly feel annoyed. She isn't supposed to just ignore me like that. What kind of friend is that? "Seriously, Sierra?" I asked, completely annoyed. "I know you're fucking lying. Shit, I came all the way to you just to apologize. I don't even want to anymore."

I start to stand up, but Sierra puts her hand on top of mine. "Lacey, please... Let me explain."

I roll my eyes but couldn't resist to sit back down. "What is it?" I said more calmly with a bit of annoyance.

"You see, my phone wasn't dead. I got all your calls and texts, but I was with Crawford and I didn't want to lie that I wasn't with him. Lacey, I like him a lot, and..."

"You don't need to say anything else. I understand. I mean, I see the way you look at him and how much you care. You don't need my permission. But if you wanted it... I'd give it to you," I end with a giggle.

My Not-So-Cliche Love Story**Chris Collins Fanfic**जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें