Chapter 35: 7 Years and Counting

Lacey Montez:

*7 YEARS LATER*

"Happy birthday to you!" Sierra sang as she slowly approached me  with a cupcake in one hand and recording me with her phone in the other.

I lightly clapped my hands when she set down the cupcake in front of me. I closed my eyes, then made a wish.

I wish he was back with me.

I blew the candles just before Sierra hollered, "Whoo! You're officially twenty five!" She stopped her camera and got a knife.

"Ugh, don't remind me. I feel so old. I wanna be a teen again," I sighed as I took the candle out of the cupcake. "Better yet, I wanna be five again." Sierra cut the delicious looking cupcake in front of me in half.

"Trust me, sister. Crawford and I aren't looking forward to our birthdays," she lightly chuckled, mostly to herself, then ate her piece of cupcake in one bite. "Mmmm. That was good."

My phone started ringing from my butt pocket, so I took it out and read who it was. Even if you wish for something you really want, sometimes you just don't get it.

"Hey mum!" I screeched as I accepted the call.

"Happy birthday, baby!" she giggled. "How's the condo going? How're the boys? How about Sierra?"

"Umm," I chuckled. "The condo's going great. Nothing's wrong. Everything's right. The boys," I paused. Just thinking about them makes me want to cry. However, I continued, "they're on tour. They won't be home for another month. Then we have a month together before Sierra and I go on tour. And Sierra? She's fine. She's with me right now."

"Oh," my mum mumbled into the phone. "I'm sorry to here about your boys. I know what it feels like to sleep every night without that special someone by your side." She was obviously talking about my stepdad which caused me to sigh.

I change the subject. "How's Michael and Aspyn?"

"I haven't called Aspyn in awhile. She's been with Parker too much. They're thinking about moving out of their apartment and getting a new home. I don't really agree they should move so quickly, but... they're a married couple. They deserve to do whatever they want. Michael's living at his college dorm now. He decided to give it a try this semester. He's excited about it and likes his roommates."

I smiled. My family's doing great. My phone and buzzes, and I pull it away from my ear to check who it is.

Chris.

"Mum? I'll call you later. Chris is calling."

"Tell him I said hi!" she gushed then ended the call.

I answered Chris's call. "Hello?"

"Let's facetime," he immediately said.

I giggled and accepted his call. "Hi," I whispered.

"Hi," he whispered back, smiling with that lip pierce of his. "I have a surprise."

"Wait aren't you at a meet and gr-"

He turned the camera around, and before I can say anything, a bunch of his fans were all there with posters saying 'Happy Birthday Lacey' and some of the others were waving their hands.

Chris chuckled behind the camera. "1...2...3"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACEY! WE LOVE YOU!"

Just then, the camera turned back around, showing his face. "Aww," I gushed.

"Crawford took a video of it, so don't worry." His face showed on screen and Sierra came from behind me.

"Hi babe!" Sierra laughed as if seeing Crawf was the funniest thing in the world. "Miss you."

"We have a surprise for you guys later tonight. But you have to wait," Crawford informed as Sierra and I looked at each other wide eyed.

"Okay. We better go. Show's about to start," Chris smiled then ended the call.

I looked at Sierra and laughed. "Hey, what's today?"

"You're birthday," she smirked.

"Seriously, Sierra. I have to make a video," I giggled.

I finally made a schedule for my channels. I decided that on Saturday's I would make a video then work on it, and then post it on Sunday. As for my vlog channel, I would post everyday except for the weekend. It worked real well actually. Chris helped me a lot with filming and all that other stuff.

"It's Saturday. We don't make videos that much anymore," she sighed. "Let's film one right now."

"Let's get to it. Shall we?"

"We shall." She linked her arms with mine and we headed upstairs to get everything set.

~

About three and a half hours later, we were able to get the footage we needed. "Okay, out," I demanded. "I need to edit which is going to take forever."

"Can we go out to dinner?" she whined. "Or I'll pick up something. Then we'll have an editing party in the living room. I still have a video for my channel I haven't edited in awhile."

"You and Crawford barely post videos."

"That's why I need to edit! C'mon editing party's taking place in the living room downstairs. Let's go!"

She dragged me up from the floor and helped me downstairs with my laptop.

~ (sry...another squiggly line)

Once I looked up from my laptop, it's already dark, and Sierra's laptop is open but she's asleep. I put my laptop aside then tuck her in on the couch. I put her laptop on the coffee table then grab my own and head to mine and Chris's room.

I start to edit again once I tuck myself on my side of the bed until I here the click of the door.

Oh my gosh.

A fucking burglar.

I don't have a knife or anything useful. I go through our drawers and find a pair of scissors I used earlier today.

I'm surprised Sierra hasn't woken up.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and my heartbeat started to pace faster. Just then, the doorknob started to jiggle.

"Oh my gosh," I mumbled and got ready a position with the scissors. "I should've called 911."

"Lacey?" the voice said once he came in the room.

The lights open and standing right in front of me is Chris, not a robber. He looked at me weird with the  scissors in my hand. "What're you doing with those?"

"Chris!" I squealed and dropped the scissors on the floor. "You scared me!"

"Wow. No hug?" he chuckled.

I come in for a hug and give him a kiss. "Sorry," I mumbled into his chest.

"I have more surprises this week," I whispered as we continued to hug.

"More?" I looked up at him. "How about your tour? Your fans?"

He smiled. "I have a week off. I could've gone exploring, but I decided I'd rather be with you."

"All your surprises make me feel like it's every holiday."

"Well you deserve surprises. I can't believe we've been together seven years."

"And we're still counting."

"Yup," he chuckled. "And you're never gonna believe what's gonna happen next."

---------------

yay new chap

happy easter y'all!

luv u

Xoxo

sierraamarie