Chapter 13: Phone Calls

Lacey Montez:

I ended up on the passenger seat of Chris's car. Surprisingly, he makes me feel so calm. I didn't even do anything when I saw Cameron with... her.

"So," Chris mumbles as he turns down the volume.

I looked over at him, his eyes stuck on the road. I smiled at his calmness, and his ability to speak so easily to me. 

"I feel like I've known you for so long," I suddenly say. I bring my hand up to my lips and brush them. "Sorry," I muttered. "That's weird."

"No," he chuckled. "It's okay. You know, I like weird people."

I giggle at his response and take my phone out to check the time.

"Do you have service yet?" he asked.

I shake my head. "No, me and Sierra are going to change it sometime after we get our wifi at our apartment."

He nods his head and continues to ask questions. "Your dad, stepdad I mean, what's he like?"

I look back at him and shrugged. "He's pretty nice. He's really respectful and stuff. I mean, he's away a lot fighting for our coun-"

I immediately stop once I clearly get my thoughts straighten out. The day I left... Mum said he would call me on FaceTime that night, but he didn't. I start to panic, wondering what would've happened. 

Probably nothing serious. 

Hopefully.

"Is something wrong?" Chris asked, worriedly. 

"N-no. It's just... Could you hurry up? I need to get to Cal's so I can get wifi."

"For?"

"I need to call my mum... It's an emergency, and I need wifi."

~

"Thanks for the ride, Chris." I quickly say and climb out of his car. 

"Bye-"

I slam the door before he could say anything. Crawford and Sierra weren't here yet considering I didn't see Crawford's car parked on the driveway. I knock on the door and impatiently wait for someone to open the door. 

Kristy opens it with a huge smile on her face. "Hey, Lac-"

"Excuse me," I cut her off and go into the room I stayed in. I take out my phone. Two bars. I dial the house phone, but no one picks up. My heart starts to speed up wondering why no one was answering. I call Aspyn's phone, and she picks up.

"Hello?"

"Aspyn!"

"What's wrong, Lacey?" she asked.

I rambled, not even stopping to catch my breath during the process. "Dad hasn't called me, and I'm really starting to get worried. No one answered the home phone, and mum hasn't even bothered to ca-"

"Lacey..."

"Aspyn, what is it?!" I was getting impatient now. I couldn't wait any longer.

"Mum didn't tell you?" She sounded nervous, scared even. "Lacey, I'm sorry I have to be the one telling you, but he... passed away. He got into a bad accident during the fight. Mum's been in her room ever since she heard the news. It happened the day after you left."

Fuck. After I left?

This wasn't right. This can't be happening. My mum was so happy with him. Sure, he wasn't my actual dad, but he treated me with so much care.

I have to go back. Back to LA. Back home...

------------------------------

AGH new chapter! 

Did you guys see Chris's new cover? fukkkkkk

sry for the short chapter

luv u guys!!

Xoxo

sierraamarie

(COMMENT DOWN BELOW AND DONT FOGET TO FOLLOW MEH TO GET NOTIFIED WHEN I UPDATE!!!)