Chapter 27: Why Me?

Chris Collins:

I had to do it... I didn't know it was going to be tonight. But I was going to have to tell her sooner or later. I couldn't do it. 

Her face when I told her I couldn't do it anymore and the way I left. I still love her a lot. So much, but with all this going on, it's better this way.

I turn the steering wheel and head back.

I had to tell her, not just leave her.

Lacey Montez:

I must have sat there for half an hour because I checked my phone to see missed calls from Sierra about 30 minutes ago.

"Shit," I muttered out in the cold and started to walk back.

But why me?

Why'd he leave me? Did I do something wrong? No. I couldn't have. 

Fuck, why me?

I come inside the apartment, not even noticing tears streaming down my cheeks until Sierra comes. "Did he tell you?" she whispered as Crawford came to rub my back.

I looked up at her and narrowed my eyes. "You knew?! You fucking knew?! Sierra, how-why-but... What the fuck Sierra?! You didn't even bother to tell me?" I was yelling now like a whining baby. 

Crawford comforts me into a hug. "It's okay..."

"Crawf, no it isn't," I sobbed into my hands. 

"Lace, I'm so sorry. It's just, Chris only told me today and everything was going perfect for you. I didn't want to ruin it for you," she rambled.

I looked at her, my best friend. Even though we had our differences, it wasn't right to fight over something as simple as this. "I can never be mad at you," I lightly chuckled, looking up at her with red eyes. I gave her a hug as she apologizes another time.

"But why?" I sniffled as we let go. There was a knock at the door, but that didn't bother me. I was distracted. Crawford left my side and went over to open the door.

"He didn't tell you why?" she knitted her eyebrows together. I shook my head. "He said..." She looked like she didn't want to tell me. She looked behind me, concerned. 

"It's 'cause I'm being forced to date someone." I hear the familiar voice. Chris.

I turned his direction to see tears in his eyes. He came back?

I stood there, shocked that he actually came back. "You came back to tell me that?" I sniffled.

"No. Well yeah, but my reason too." He came over and tried to grab my hand. I swung it back. I shook my head and sat myself in the couch.

"We're gonna go upstairs," Crawford mumbled and brought Sierra with him. After we hear the shut of the door, we heard faint arguments from Sierra and Crawf.

"Why?" I whispered on the opposite couch, moments after we kept hearing Sierra and Crawf yelling. "Why did you do it? And what do you mean you're being forced to-" I suddenly stopped and finally understand. That was the purpose of all those meetings, why he left so early. Why he looked so uncomfortable. Management was forcing him to date. "Oh." That was the only thing that came out of my mouth. 

He nodded, his eyes focused on the floor. "I'm sorry."

I shook my head and tried to hold back the tears. "We can still be friends," I managed to choke out. "Who's the girl?" I was scared to hear who it is. Worried who it was going to be.

He cleared his throat and sighed. "M-my ex. Management thinks I was more popular with her, and they think since she's a model, everything will be better and I'll be more popular."

My head snapped towards him, and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I couldn't beat his ex, a model for God's sake. This was all bullshit. Tears streamed down my cheeks as he tried to scoot closer. I quickly sat up and wiped away my tears. "It's okay." I tried to smile but I gave him more of a lopsided one. 

"Lace, wait," he called out as I quickly ran up the stairs, tears coming down once more.

Why me?

---------------

here's a short chap for y'all...

im sry i havent been updating much

i havent been feeling good for soooo many reasons :/

hope you guys r having a great one... luv u!!!!

Xoxo

sierraamarie

(IM SO PROUD TO SAY THAT WE HAVE MORE THAN 300 VIEWS!!!)