Chapter 31: We Promised

Lacey Montez:

*one week later*

I woke up to the sound of my phone. A text from Chris, it said. I sighed and lazily opened it up, squinting at the brightness. 

Chris <3: good morning sunshine :) let's go out for breakfast? or cuddle and watch movies?

I smiled. He always gave me two options for everything, making sure I was comfortable and having fun. "What should I pick?" I mumbled to myself. I shut off my phone and closed my eyes. He can wait a few more minutes.

I wanted to tell Chris about Cal and I. It sounded wrong, I know it did, but I had no choice. I didn't want to keep secrets from him. I look over at my dresser to see my promise ring.

We promised we wouldn't keep secrets. We promised to stay together. 

"LACEY!?" Sierra yelled from her room.

I shook my head then giggled. I reached for my phone and called her.

"What do you want? You'll wake up the neighbors," I giggled once she picked up.

"I want to do something."

"Sorry, today's a Chris day."

"Fine then," she huffed. "I'll just be by myself."

"Crawford?" I suggested.

"Meeting today," she sighed.

"I know. How about we have a movie day today-"

"Are you gonna invite Chris?"

"Can I?"

"Fine," she mumbled and ended the call.

I go into my messages and text Chris.

Lacey: cuddle and watch movies pls :)

And that's basically what happened to have us all on the couch, watching old movies. Sierra fell asleep about half way through. I took this as my chance.

"Ch-Chris?" I stuttered. This was going to be harder than I thought it would be.

He turned to look at me and gave me a kiss. "Hmm?"

"I need to talk to you," I replied.

His eyes opened wide. You could tell he was scared by the way his eyes looked even though the room was dimmed. "Is there something wrong?" He reached over to get the remote. Once he did, he lowered down the volume.

"I don't know why," I lightly chuckled, "I needed to tell you this. It's just, we promised to not keep secrets, and I don't want to keep this anymore." His eyes seemed wider, more scared. "I kissed someone, Calum." 

He looked hurt. "But, Lacey-"

"I'm so sorry. It was when Kristy passed away. You weren't with me. I was in desperate need for someone to love me back, but you were already with Sydney. I'm sorry."

He furrowed his eyebrows together and looked at me in disgust. "Even though we weren't together, I wouldn't have expected you to do that. I mean, how could you?"

He sounded like he was yelling, which made me only mad. "Me?" I questioned back. "How about you? You're the one fucking other girls when we're not together."

He stopped looking mad, just worried. "How'd you find out?"

"It's called having good friends that don't keep secrets. Clearly, you're not one of those kinds of people," I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh please. I actually had the heart to come back and apologize. I left management for you! I guess it was just a waste," he huffed and stood up. He looked like he didn't know what to do. He took out his phone and opened it. "I gotta go," he mumbled. "My mum needs me."

"Sure she does," I replied sarcastically. "I'll see you later."

Even though we were mad at each other, people could tell that we still wanted to be together. Of course I wanted to be with him. Who says 'I'll see you later' to someone you're mad at? But he got mad at me for something he did too! It just wasn't fair.

Once he closed the door behind him, I put my head into my hands. Until I felt a hand rubbing my back.

Chris? Nope. Just Sierra.

"Hey, you okay? I kinda overheard. You did the right thing. Telling the truth was a good idea. It just sucks he didn't have the heart to tell you personally that he used to do the same thing."

I just sighed as a few tears streamed down my face.

Here we are again, back to the beginning. It's like I keep failing this game I couldn't complete. I would almost reach the top, but then I would fall and go back to level one.

"I don't know what to do anymore Sierra," I sobbed. "We promised..."

----------------

yay new chap

dont forget to vote and comment for feedback

luv u!

Xoxo

sierraamarie