Chapter 17: Home

Lacey Montez:

I wake up just as the flight attendant announces we're about to land. I adjust my seatbelt and look over to my side. A couple was sitting there. They were both old but cute. They reminded me of... Sierra and Crawford. The way they didn't fight--at least I didn't hear them. The way they held hands or laughed at one another. I couldn't help but stare until the lady caught me.

"Is there something wrong, dear?" she asked politely as her husband looked at me too.

"Oh... It's nothing. It's just," I paused, deciding if it was a good thing to tell people I don't even know about my love life. "It's just," I started again, "I'm in love, and I don't know what to do."

I felt the plane turning and then felt it tip downward. I felt a weird pain in my stomach. I hated the thought of a plane crashing, but we were just landing.

"Oh," the man sighed. "You're still young. You'll get there. Once you know who you love, it'll feel perfect... Just right. Like you were made for each other." He looks back at his wife, kisses her, and looks back at me with a smile. 

I smiled back and looked out the window. Whenever I was with Chris, it felt right. I was happy. It felt like we were made for each other.

The plane went downwards even more and soon the small wheels smacked onto the floor then it started to go forwards roughly. We finally stopped and took turns getting out.

"Good luck with that special someone," the woman who I sat with earlier whispered then winked.

I followed right after them and looked outside the plane windows as I walked out.

 This is it. Home. LA.

~

I got my luggage half an hour later and called Aspyn once I settled onto a chair. 

"Hello?" she picked up after the second ring.

"Aspyn! Guess who's home!" I yelled out.

"You're lying," she says back seriously, but I could tell she was smiling. 

"I'm not. Pick me up at the airport," I giggled.

"Oh my gosh! I'll be there in half an hour!" she exclaimed and ended the call.

I smiled and went to go have breakfast since it was only 10:15. I found a small cafe and decided to eat there. I ordered a small coffee and some biscuits. 

I took out my vlog camera and began to vlog.

"I'm here at home guys! Aspyn's going to pick me up, and I'm going to go back to my old home! Stay tuned!"

Soon enough, my phone was ringing from Aspyn after I ate. "I'm here!" she squealed.

"Want coffee?" I asked.

"Nope. I brought some from home. Hurry up already! I'm excited!"

"Geez, sis. It's only been like a week," I laughed and threw away my food that I finished.

She laughed back. "I'm here by the pick up area. See you."

I drag my luggage with me to the area where she was going to pick me up. I spotted her car immediately and ran towards it. She ran out too and gave me a hug.

"Ahhh! I can't believe you're here! Why didn't you tell us?" she asked, out of breath.

"It was a surprise," I giggled.

"How about Sierra? You're apartment?" she kept asking as she put my luggage in the trunk.

I climbed in the front seat and heard Halsey playing. I go on twitter and announce that I'm back in LA. Aspyn finally climbs in after me and puts the music a bit higher.