Chapter 19: Meet Someone New

Lacey Montez:

I kept rereading the text over and over. Not just the part where he first texted me, but the second text he sent a few minutes after.

Chris :)

sry wrong L

Wrong L? What the fuck is 'wrong L'?

Did he fuck with someone that had the same letter as my name? 

It was five in the morning, and I couldn't sleep. I was supposed to go out with my mum for breakfast, but I'm having second thoughts. It was hard to focus on my mum when Chris kept screwing things up. I felt like life was turning, and I couldn't deal with anything anymore. I was angry and sad... Depression? No. It couldn't be.

I rewatched my vlog and saw all the scenes with Mikey. When he came from behind to give me a hug to the times he kept taking my vlog camera away from me.

Suddenly it reminds me of Chris...

I wipe the tears that were suddenly on my cheeks and go on YouTube. I go over to Mikey's channel and see his Girlfriend Tag. I press on it and watch. 

I watch and smile the whole time, thinking what it would be like to have someone you loved stay with you. Well, Chris offered, and I said no. I regret all the stuff I said. Saying no, not hugging him, not allowing him to come.

I slam my laptop screen off and text Sierra. I take a screenshot of mine and Chris's messages and send it to her.

Lacey: look what Chris sent :(

She suddenly texted me back.

Looser <3: ik... he's at it again.

Lacey: again? wdym?

Looser <3: he's always like that whenever you guys are distant or seem you know... off somehow

Lacey: so he's done it before... when we were talking and I ACTUALLY FUKING LIKED HIM?!

Looser <3: yeah... he's a btch 

I close my eyes and get up from bed. It was still a bit dark, and I didn't mind making breakfast at this time, or the fact that I'm going out again with my mum. I made myself some eggs and pancakes.

"Mmmm." Aspyn came down once I finished. "What's cookin'?"

"My breakfast," I giggled and take a bite of my pancake. 

"Make me some?" she asked.

"Fine," I muttered and went over to the stove again.

"What're you doing with Mum today?" she asked, taking a seat at the table.

I take out another pan and turn on the stove. "I'll probably take her out for breakfast, we'll go to Starbucks after, and then we'll watch a movie. If it's lunch time by then, then I'll probably take her out to lunch too. If you wanna come, you can."

"Nah... Michael's gonna be alone. Plus, I think Mum needs you right now." Aspyn smiles as I hand her breakfast plate to her. But I notice her with my phone on her hand. "Did Chris cheat on you?" she furrowed her eyebrows together.

"N-no, he didn't," I stutter.

"Don't lie to me."

"He didn't. We weren't even dating. He asked me out, I said no, and things were sorta off between us, and I guess since then, he's started fucking people," I say the last part more angrily and grab my phone out of Aspyn's hand.

"Meet someone new," Aspyn insists. "It's a good thing to do. He doesn't seem like the guy for you even though you guys look super cute together."

I narrow my eyes at her as she shoves her pancakes into her mouth.