Chapter 25: Coming Back

*One Month Later*

Lacey Montez:

After a long month, I decided to go back home and surprise everyone. I've been ignoring Chris and the rest of my friends for the whole day just to surprise them when I come home.

"Are you going to be okay, Mum?" I asked.

I was currently in front of the house next to Aspyn's car with all my luggage in my hand.

"I'll be fine. Will you?"

"Of course. I have Chris and Sierra and Crawford. I have them. Especially Chris," I giggled as she jokingly rolled her eyes.

"Bye, Michael." I looked over at my brother who was on his phone texting. "Don't stay up too late texting that girl of yours." I laughed to myself as he looked up, his cheeks a light shade of pink.

"Who's the girl?" our mum squealed as she looked over Michael's shoulder. He quickly shut it off and came over to give me a hug, obviously just an excuse to shut his phone off from Mum.

"Bye Lace. I'll miss yah," he sighed into the hug.

Aspyn honked the horn and rolled down the window. "C'mon. You'll be late for your flight," she giggled.

"Bye guys! I love you!" I exclaimed as I dropped my things in the trunk and hurried over to the passenger seat.

As Aspyn pulled over to the drop off area, she gave me a little box, just small enough for a necklace or bracelet. "Open it," she whispered with teary eyes.

I opened it to see the most beautiful locket necklace with a moon on it. (picture on top :)) I opened it to see a picture of me and Aspyn when we were younger. "Aspyn... it's beautiful."

She moved her hair out of her chest to reveal the same necklace, only with a sun on it. She opened it to reveal another picture of us when we were younger.

I continued to stare at it until a knock on my side of the car startled me. I turn around to see a police officer. I rolled down the window and chuckled. "I'm sorry, Officer. I'm about to leave right now."

He nodded slowly and backed away.

I turned around and gave Aspyn a bear hug, tears strolling down my cheeks. "Love you. See you later?" I backed away to see her mascara smeared. "You look like a raccoon," I giggled.

She laughed and started to lightly shove me out of her car. "Go now before I start crying even more. Congrats on the whole Chris thing," she giggled as I shut the door.

I head over to the back of the trunk and get my belongings. After I close the trunk, Aspyn's car slowly drives away with me still on the curb watching. I finally get back to reality and head inside to go through security. 

Then everything floods back to me again. All those memories ended up with me being here now. 

I'm finally going back. And there's no turning back.

~~

Hours later, I finally make it home to Canada. A little colder than usual, but it's better than being in the hot sun 24/7. After coming out of the plane and editing a few videos the whole time, I get my luggage and wave in for a taxi.

I climb in and shove my earphones into my ears and before I know it, I'm in front of my apartment complex. I thank the driver and pay him, my heart beating and my head spinning with thoughts about my friends' reactions.