Chapter 32: Crazy Game Called Love

Lacey Montez:

After a few days, I felt more depressed. We did text each other, but it wasn't like it was before. It was just best friend texting. Not boyfriend and girlfriend texting.

"You have to get him back," Sierra sighed the day of our fight. "And I know how." She smirked and told me everything. Then Sierra said to tell her whenever I was ready so she can get everything ready.

I've been ready. I just don't know if Chris is. I've been asking Crawford to check on Chris, and he's been telling me the stuff he's done that shows signs that he misses me. So far, it's been a lot.

I think he's ready. I think I'm ready.

Should I do it?

Lacey: sierra?

Sierra: r u finally ready?

Lacey: i think i am 😁

Sierra: yes yes yes!!!! ill be home in about an hour or so... just wait for me

Lacey: ok...

Sierra: assignment to get Chracey back together is in session

Lacey: 😂 oh gosh... here we go

~

Later during the day, I found myself fitting into a nice dress.

Sierra's plan was for me to take Chris out somewhere nice, a picnic near a pond we found that always had the best view under the stars

Sierra's plan was for me to take Chris out somewhere nice, a picnic near a pond we found that always had the best view under the stars. Sierra and I would go there when we had nothing to do. And today I was taking Chris. Sierra wanted me to apologize which would most likely lead him to apologize. Then I guess we were back together. I was supposed to take credit for it all, according to Sierra.

"I don't know," I mumbled to Sierra, mostly to my reflection in the body length mirror.

"How about this one?" she handed me a more casual dress. I didn't want to seem like I was trying too hard. Plus, I texted Chris to wear something casual.

 Plus, I texted Chris to wear something casual

"That's better," I smiled to myself. 

"I liked the other one," Sierra giggled as she went into my closet to get me shoes.

"That one's more of your style," I giggled as I started to fix my purse.

"Tha basket's downstairs, in case you're wondering. Everything's inside. Just text me when you're on your way home," Sierra informed me as she handed me some flats.

"Thanks Sierra. I would've still been in bed if it weren't for you."

"No problem, sistah. Anything for Chracey. You guys have a funny ship name," she giggled then left the room to go into her own.

"Okay," I whispered to my reflection. "You're going to win this game once and for all. Nothing's going to stop you. And my prize? Chris."

~

I picked up Chris after all my worrying. "Hey." I smiled as he slipped into the passenger seat of my car.

"I feel like the girl."

"Do you wanna drive and get lost? 'Cause you don't even know where I'm taking you," I giggled.

"Okay, I guess I'm the girl for tonight," he chuckled as he fastened his seatbelt. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," I laughed.

The ride went quicker than expected. After blasting and singing a few songs on the radio, we arrived at our destination. I parked in the empty lot and took out the basket from the back seat of the car.

"Picnic?" he questioned as I nodded. "Oh I know where we're at. Crawford and I used to come here to feed the ducks."

I smiled and led him near the pond. Chris helped me with the blanket as the sound of frogs and crickets filled the air. The stars were starting to come out, and I almost think this is going to be perfect, I still had doubts.

We find a comfortable position on the blanket then we both start taking stuff out of the basket.

"Why'd you take me out here? You should've brought Sierra. I thought we weren't really-"

"Um, yes we are," I giggled. His eyes were wide. I didn't mean to escalate this quickly. "I-I mean, if you want."

"I like that idea." He smiled and sat right next to me. "Lacey?"

"Hmm?" I asked as both of us looked at the stars.

"I'm so sorry." I looked at him, his eyes still focused on the stars. "I was being selfish and rude. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about what I've done when we weren't together."

I smiled. I didn't even have to apologize first.

"I'm sorry, too."

"For what?"

"For getting mad," I sighed.

"I don't blame you," he chuckled as he leaned on my head.

I looked at him and laughed. "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" he chuckled again.

"That."

"What?"

"Why do you always chuckle," I giggled.

"Why do you always giggle," he chuckled.

"But you chuckle more than I giggle," I laughed.

"Where are we going with this?" he asked.

I smiled. "I think I know." I leaned in and placed my lips onto his as he did the same.

"I'm sorry," I say out of breath, our foreheads touching.

"I'm sorry too," he said back and pressed his lips onto mine again.

At this point, I knew. I knew I won. The crazy game called love. I won and my prize was back and belonging to me. And I knew this time, nothing was going to break us apart.

----------------------

new chap!!!1!

luv y'all

Xoxo

sierraamarie