Chapter 7. Long night

Rick's POV

The night was incredible, we talk for hours. We still in the restaurant and Alexis and Kate are talking about Zoo and the animals.

Hm and if Kate came to the Zoo with us?! I think Alexis is going to love the idea.

"What is your favorite animal?" Kate asked Alexis.

"Hm- maybe the lion" she said honestly and undecided.

"Why?" Kate ask.

"Because they remember my daddy for being protective" she said giggling.

"Hey, it is good to be protective" I said putting my hand in my heart a little dramatic.
Kate and Alexis laugh.

Kate have a beautiful laugh, I could live hearing her laugh my entire life.

"And what is your favoite animal Kate?!" She said missing the r, so cute.

"Mine is the elephant" Kate said proud.
The elephant why?!

"Why?" Alexis ask, wow she read my thought.

"Because is the animal with the best memory, he can remember everything even if it was 100 years before, and he never forget a family member" Kate explain.

Wow I didn't know that.

"Wow he seems amazing" Alexis said.

"He is " she confirm.

"We could go to the Zoo together?" I said and their faces were surprised.
Ok no one is saying anything maybe it was a bad idea but I just wanted be with Kate.
They look at each other now and smile, it's a good thing right? They smile, I'm confuse.

"Yeah I want to go and I want to also come Kate." Alexis said smiling to Kate.

"Hm-I " She is uncomfortable I didn't want to her feel like that, I just made an invitation and she is not ready.

"Please come with us" I said more firmly this time for her to believe that I really want her with us.

"Kay" she finally said. My eyes widened and Alexis eyes did the same. She said yes.

"Great, give me your phone number and I call you to say what day and what hour." I said like a nine years old boy anxious for is Christmas present.

She give me a dead look like ' no in a million years' or ' are you kidding, I'm never going to give to you my phone number' or ' no way, I'm not going to do that' I fell my cheeks turning red.

"Well I mean for communicate" I was so embarrassed. My daughter was here and was giggling all the time. Well thanks Alexis this is more embarrassing with you here.

"Sure" she said looking at Alexis and make her giggle more.

She start writing the number in a napkin.
She gave to me and I think I smile like a idiot for a little while.

"Daddy I'm tired" Alexis said closing her eyes and putting her head in Kate shoulder.

This picture is never going to get out of my mind. They are so cute.

"Ok I'm going to pay" I said getting up.

"What you are going to pay everything?" Kate ask.
She seems surprised.