Chapter 35 - New feelings

Kate POV

Months had passed and my things were more on Rick's apartment than in mine but honestly i don't care. If a year ago you would tell me that now I would be dating my favorite writer, love him more than I ever loved someone and living most of the time in his house I wouldn't have believed but life changes and mine changed a lot.

Rick is at home probably writing or at least I hope because he's really close to a deadline and even if his new publisher is more calm with that I still talk to him so he deliver his new book on time.

Alexis all this months has been even more close to me than before, if that it's possible, i even heard her call me mommy one night but probably I got that wrong or she just spilled that out because she was tired or said without meaning. Whatever it was I thought i would be scare but I wasn't and im not, I kind of felt something inside me that I never felt before.

Mother's Love

Whatever it was I hope she says again.

In two hours I'm going to get the hell out of here, I will come home to my two favorite persons in the world and have dinner with them and then Rick is going to give me a massage, like he always does, so I can relax after a exhausted day at work.

I couldn't ask for a better family!

I just need to distract myself a little bit more, more precisely one hour and forty five minutes!

*knock knock*

"Come in"

"Hi Katie, how are you?"

"I'm good mom, just a little exhausted but good"

"You seem more happy lately, if you know what I mean" she winked at me.

"Actually I have no idea of what you mean!"

"Oh come on Katie, you and I are both adults we can talk about it no need to be embarrassed by this topic"

"What topic? What it's going on?"

"I can see in your eyes Katie!"

"You can see what?"

"Okay I'm cutting the crap! I can see the glow in your eyes baby, you and Rick finally decided to join your bodies and become just one!"

"What?!"

What the fuck that even means?

"You guys seal the envelope!!!"

"What?"

"Gosh Katie! What I'm trying to ask is did you guys finally went to bed and jumped into each other like rabbits or not ?"

"Oh my gosh mom!"

"What? I try to be subtle but you didn't understand anything I said that I had to go to the point! It was not my fault!"

"Gosh mom I wouldn't have expected you saying that!"

"You know i already went through that phase right?"

"Yeah, yeah I know! And thank god nobody heard us or I would be dead now!"

"You still haven't answered"

"What?"

"Answer the question Katie"

"Mom! That's personal I don't ask how many times a week you and dad do it do I ?"

"Three sometimes four a week depends if we have energy to spend—"