Chapter 15 - Awkward Talk

Kate's POV

I'm so tired of being at work that I'm glad that you took some weeks to rest.
I never been this tired. Never.
Is time to pick Alexis from school and go home to rest. Next day it will be a busy day we are going to the museum in the morning and a little the afternoon and next we are going to watch with my the baseball game.

At least it was what I planed for tomorrow I just hope she likes.

                               XXXX

It is 4:05 P.M and I'm waiting for Alexis on the principle gate and she saw me started running excited and happy to see me. It was the most adorable thing ever, the gest made my little heart melt.

When she reach me I lift her up and she put her legs around my torso and her arms around my neck.
Smiling she gave me a kiss on the cheek.
I smile back.

"So how it was your day?" I ask walking to my car.

"Good the teachew twied to make us leawn the lettew r, I'm one of that persons." She sad sadly.

"Oh sweetie don't worry about it some persons need more time to learn it" I said trying to comfort her.

"I know"

"Listen tomorrow I was thinking about we going to the museum and next going watch a baseball game with my father and maybe my mother what do you think?" I ask hopefully.

She screamed and hugged me tied.

"Sounds gweat" she said more happy.

"Good" I said brushing a kiss to her forehead before I put her in the car.

"Now let's go daddy wants to talk to you before he goes sleep" I said starting driving away from school.

Castle was on the phone.

"Hello pumpkin" he said happy.

"Hello daddy I miss you so much" she said sadly but in the same time happy for talking to her daddy.

"I know pumpkin I miss you too really much but you have Kate to take care of you" He said trying to make her feel a little better.

"I know and I'm weally lucky to have hew" she said proud.

"Yes you have" he said looking at my in the eyes.
I was caused off guard by what he said.

"Kate why you awe blushing?" Alexis ask innocently. Poor innocence. I thanks to God about her age right now.

"I'm not" I complain.

"Yes you are, even I can see that sweet blush that you have in your cheeks" he said and with that comment I blushed more.

"I'm not" I insisted.

Alexis giggle and Castle laugh.

"You are stubborn but whatever" he said smirking and I looked away.

Alexis giggled more.

"You guys awe dating?" She ask me.

"No" I said quickly. "Of course not why you think that?" I ask trying not to be so rude.

"I don't know it just look like" she simply said.

"Yeah but me and Kate are just friends... at least for now" he said finally interfering the awkward silence between me and Alexis. He said the last part more like a whisper.
"But why pumpkin?" He ask her.