Chapter 11 - Change of Plans

Rick's POV

I'm so excited, I want so bad arrive at the coffee shop and see her there.
The traffic is not helping me I just hope she don't give up on meeting me.

When I finally arrived I run. Why I'm running?
I feel like a teenager again. How can she do this to me.

I open the door and I see her in our place, well the place when we met the first time.

"Hi" I breathe. She looked at me with that beautiful hazel eyes of her and smile. I smile back and finally she said something.

"Hey, I thought that you won't coming!" She said honestly but I could see now in her eyes happiness.

"Well, the traffic didn't help but I wouldn't miss this for anything" I said and she smiled at me, she really believe in me.

"Kay" she said." Do you want to drink our eat something I pay" she ask and my eyes widened.

"What?"

"I pay, I'm the guy, the guys pay to the girls so I pay" I said a little rude. I saw her facial expression chance and I felt a little worry.

"I invited you so I pay" she said like she was the queen of the world.

"Yeah I know but I don't..." She cut me off before I could say anything.

"Please, I pay" she said firmly and ending the discussion.

"Kay, but next time I pay, deal? " I said hopefully, next time ?? I really said that oh god.

"Ok" she finally agreed.

So is going to be a next time good.

"So what you want?" She ask getting me of of my thoughts.

"Hmm maybe I- hm- a coffee with a cake" I said.

She called the employed and said what I want.

When she was saying what I wanted I looked at her lips, and in that moment I just wanted to kiss her.

But I have to control myself. We are friends now just friends because this is not a date. Unfortunately.

"So how is your work going?" I ask curious.

"Good, think I can catch a killer soon, I mean my client is innocent someone made this thing to put him behind bars but I'm not going to let that happen, I don't like innocent people in jail is not fair." She said.

"And the guilty is someone very powerful isn't it?" I ask.

"Yes, how do you know!" She ask surprised.

"Because apparently you have this case a long time and you started to drink coffee to make you wake long hours so the guilt is very powerful someone who you have to be absolutely right to be him." I explain.

"Yes the guilt is very powerful is someone of the politic and I have to be positively right that is him or her if not I'm the one who goes to jail." She said and my eyes widened, politic is someone of the politics oh my god I didn't expect that.