Chapter 1 || Covered Up

Sometimes, crying is the only way your eyes speak when when your mouth can't explain how broken your heart is

Chapter 1 : Covered up

It is the mid of August; fall is here. Today it is raining like crazy.The sound of thunder echoes through my empty room. It is dark; the lights are all fused and what ever light I can see in my room is by flashes of lightening brightening my room up after every few minutes. I can hear the wind force swaying the trees whilst owls and dogs howl in the night. I glance at the time. It is 9:00 PM, my heart starts to thud as I notice the time, there is only 5 minutes till my mate arrives. I grab the ice from my  silver tray that is on my bed and rub my bruises so it can quickly heal for tonight. My eyes squint, and my heart clutches at the massive pain radiating by the ice touching my bruise. It stings as if someone is pinching me several times. My eyes flicker back and forth from the time to my arms. Right when the clock struck's 9:05 my eyes pinch watery, and my heart drops a meter down to the floor. He my mate is about to come, any second. I quickly finish icing my bruise, i slide the tray under my bed and wear my cotton nightgown. 

"ROSELLA!" My Mates sudden voice roars from downstairs. 

I flinch at the sound of him, I get up immediately. My heart is pounding knowing that it is time, want to know what time, it is the beating up time. I keep blinking away my tears several times and quickly unlock my room door. I get out of my room and run down stairs, my body tremble as I do so, and my head throbs with dizziness. As I walk down my mind is worried if I will fall down these 1000 stair case. I run down, and head towards the main entrance. There stood my mate, Ryder. At the door soaked and drunk.

I gulp the bile that formed in my throat and rushed towards him. "Oh Rosella, look at you. The same old pity, quiet girl" Ryder mutters with a smirk almost falling on me. I close the main entrance door, ignoring what he said. I grab him and drag him upstairs. It is so hard; his weight is half on me and my legs aren't even fully healed. The pain rushes over my body as I try to drag him upstairs. "You know what time it is sweetie" he sings, the toxic, disgusting smell swirls around my face making me almost faint, I just stare at the stairs.

"TELL ME!" He yells. Making me shake, I almost fell, which causes him to laugh.

"I – It's your treat time," I say hesitantly.

"Good darling" he chuckles. I finally manage to pull him upstairs and bring him to his room. He jumps on his bed, and I release out a massive breath that I didn't realize I held in. My body shivers at the thought of what is to come next. I stare at him laying down on his bed, my feet tremble against the floor, and my fingers fiddle with each other. Maybe he is asleep? I can go... no more treat time right?

After 2 minutes of standing, with no occurrence, I decide to leave. I slowly yet quickly walk out – which probably isn't the best idea after all. I hear a slash behind me, I quickly turn around and I am impacted by a large hand right on my face. I fall harshly on the floor slamming my head on the door, pain oozed down my body, and my cheeks burn from his slap. "S – Sorry" I try to mutter, as tears begun to spring down my eyes. The pain is way too much to handle; I hold my tears in, those tears that I could cry like a kid at this moment.

"There we go, no more sneaking out okay!" Ryder says calmly and smooth. I nod my head painfully trying to pull myself up but suddenly he pulls me up harshly. "Look at you so sweet and all, happy I haven't mated you yet," he says, as he draws his fingers down my face. I shiver the whole time, worried, and scared, wanting someone to save me from this monster. My mouth flew open as he grabs me by my hair, I let out a small squeal trying to keep my mouth shut as the pain in my head severs even more. He throws me on his carpet, located right in the center of his room.