Chapter 23 || Divinity

❝  Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep you balance, you must keep moving.❞

Chapter 23: Divinity (Amazing Banner by @ChoaKun) 

"Rosella"

I can slowly feel my body awakening but a soft shake on my arm. My peek open, squinting as the light blinds me. Blinking slowly, I lick my bottom salty drip lips, gulping my disgusting dry throat. I look up to see my family, Mom, dad, and my youngest sister.

Is this my real family or am I dreaming? What are they – I look at my mom who is soaked in tears and dad eyes are pure red, from crying. I get up immediately registering who are in front of me. Oh my god, my family. It is mom and dad, it is my parents.

"Mom, Dad" I say dryly. They all nod there had and hug me both sitting on each side of me.

"Roe, I am so sorry we didn't notice. You could have told us my baby. We missed you, we would always think about you, we love you" My mom stutters as she speaks kissing the side of my head.

I look at dad who gives me a side smile and places a soft kiss on my forehead. "How is Victoria" I ask remembering how injured she was.

"At the doctors everything will be fine" dad reassures me. I nod my head and the three of us get up. Mom tells me how we are going home, and all my mind if off to how from my own bare eyes I saw him kill my brother. I saw him murder the one whom I dearly loved.

Walking outside I bump into Ryder who looks all better with bandages. "How you feeling?" he asks in front of mom and dad or are still at my sides holding me.

"Honestly the worst" I state the truth. Enough of lying, if hadn't disclosed to my parents about my fake mate and I maybe this would have never happened. Ryder comes up rubbing my head and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"You will have your mate soon" he winks. This causes me to sleep feeling my soak dried face stretch dryly. Saying good byes I hold mom and dad's hand and walk out of the kingdom with them. I feel so weird, it's like those moments when you can hear someone talking, and you can see your surroundings but it's all a blur and so slow motioned that all you can think of is the person you lost.

I know mom and dad are having a harder time too, since they barely see him and it is their son after all. I haven't been to my house in years and I really wonder how it looks like, will it be the same? Or would there be different settings.

After walking for a while we stop in front of a blue car; "get in sweetie, let's take you home" Mom says rubbing my back, she opens the door and I get in instantly meeting with the smell of cherry.

"So what does our little baby want to eat?" Dad asks interrupting my zoned out mode.

"Uhm, Anything delicious" I smile, I haven't had my mom's food in so long; "is this a new car?" I ask.

"Yes, Hunter gave me it as a present. He was – amazing" dad stops speaking immediately, I can feel my heart crunch at the remembrance of him. The thought of my siblings brings back to earl my youngest sister.

"Mom, dad how is earl?" I ask, she was only 3 years younger than me which means if I am 19 she is 16. Oh my god did she find a mate? What is up to, she is a big now, and she was only 13 when I last saw her.

"She is doing amazing! She found her handsome mate" mom cheers, while dad just groans in annoyance. Ha-ha, dads over protective about their girls. I can tell how dad so mad at Abaddon, I know dad wouldn't take a second chance to murder him if he knew what was happening.

After a few minutes at the sky thinking about clearly nothing my non existing thoughts shifts to Lucas. This cause my heart to beat and my stomach to flutter in happiness, what is this feeling? Can we be really mates? I want to meet him, I want to talk to him. I want be with him forever, I really, really, really a hundred percent think we are mates.