VII.

I know everything happens for a reason, but I wish I knew what the reason was

Chapter 7

Do you ever feel like the world around you has shut down, and the only thing that is in focus is your heart beating harshly against your chest. It's so weird, doesn't my heart itself get so tired of beating harshly, it makes me want to run away. The whole world is nothing but an empty dark matter, while you stand in front of the stage, or get an exam, go to visit a doctor, but for me there I stand in front of my boss door.

"3:59pm" my clock portrays, with its glowing green numbers. I prefer digital, the original one is just too hard work. Just one more minute seraphina and you get to go in. I can feel a droplet of sweat trickling down my forehead, I mean I am just meeting my boss right, there is nothing to worry about. Shrugging my anxiety off, which didn't work I grab the doorknob as soon as my clock says "4:oopm". Inhaling a massive deep breath I put a smile on and swing open the door.

I peek my head in, but all I see is a fricken beautiful office but with no one in it. Should I go in? Or wait outside for him here. After my battle of decision in my head, I decide to go in. My jaw drops as I eye a massive painting right across from me, it was huge! I am telling you huge! Of this beautiful area, which... oh my god.. it's that tree... the one I just came from earlier!

"I thought you might like it" A deep voice echoes across the room, which makes me jump a little. I turn around to come across a very handsome man, Who looks so similar to rudie, but looks much more better. No offence. "My brother has spoken a lot about you" he chuckles.

"brother?" I say, confused.

"Yeah, Rudie?" he smiles softly, raising an eyebrow.

My breath hitches and I can feel my cheek flush pink. "well... I mean, he certainly isn't rude, I just do not know his name" I say very embarrassed, my cheeks burning even more. I eye Vincent walk up to his desk smiling, probably the most cutest, i love it when guys smile and their eyes squint, not really squint but the sides have line.

"Of Course, haha, I overheard. Do not worry he doesn't know a thing about it. He's my little brother, we're quite close just a year apart" he says placing his stuff on his desk ever so neatly. I nod my head shocked but I can see how they're siblings. Wait, then why didn't Rudie want to know that the place was owned by his brother.

"take a seat" he finally says. "it's great to meet you..." he trails off about to say another name. "seraphina".

"You too! Vincent, So I was hoping you can give me some insight on what our task is." I ask him, confused about my job.

clearing his throat, "well at the moment we have a lot of paperwork to do, we have many arts that need to be sold, that would be put in showcase, and we have many clients willing to bid for artwork. I know it's confusing, but at the moment your position is kind of like a secretary. But of course, I am not willing to define you as my slave, I will tell you the tasks and you just need to do that." he smiles.

"awesome!" I squeal causing him to chuckle.

"so, right now we have about 230 clients that want information about 'given hope' which is painting made by Gabriel Montana. You need to make emails to those clients, it can be the same thing, and make sure that you have the pricing, the meaning of the painting, and other negotiating tips for them. They are basically gonna bid our painting to their areas based on the information we give."

I nod my head in approval. This isn't so bad I just copy paste the same email just change the names! Perfect. "Perfect! I will get started" I say in confidence. I get up abruptly from my chair and suddenly feel a hard thump on my head.