VIII.

Don't trust everything you see, even salt looks like sugar

Chapter 8

Back In London...

"Hey, It's been 2 years. In about a month it will be 3, for the disappearance of our beloved Rosella Greene." Their Luna, Faith speaks in sorrow. She blinks her eyes start to turn glossy. In her main kingdom she decided to place a memorial dedicated to Rosella. Her eyes scanned the room looking at the citizens of Mystical Forest pack. "Next month Alpha Justin and I, will hold a memorial dedicated to her. It would be appreciated that you all attend. Thank you for your co-operation." She smiles and steps off of the stage.

"It's gonna be okay" Victoria mutters to Faith, who couldn't stop blinking her tears away. Victoria was crushed, but she hid it well. She was able to stay strong for the pack, she had to. If she wasn't strong everyone would fall weak. "I am sure she is out there somewhere" Victoria sighs. The aroma was quite dead people whispered and some spoke loudly. The pack was very close to one another, everyone knew each other and dearly loved each other. The odd aroma was broken due to a loud bang of the door opened.

"Ryder" Victoria ran up to him, engulfing him in a hug. Yes, they're mates. Victoria found her beloved mate about a year ago, which mean she is the beta's wife. "What happened, any news?" she asks, she can here all the other soldiers storming inside, and there was Lucas, the most tired of all. Victoria got off of Ryder and looked at Lucas, his curse was broken, and he wanted to find Rosella badly. He was in love with her, and he won't stop. Victoria looked at Ryder anticipating a positive answer, but what she got was the same as always, "no" he sighs.

Lucas was panting, he was tired. He did not eat anything, in fact he didn't want to until he finds her. He looks up at all the crowd which now has eyes on him. I hate this he thought. He did, in fact they all did. Walking along side Ryder they both stood up on the stage. "We've searched all the provinces and countries in England. We have told many other tribes to keep an eye on her, but for now, it- it-'s a now" he let out a large breath. "But" he started again, everyone was eyeing him in hope. "That does not mean she is dead, she is out there, just not here. Our next stop is Paris, we will be looking there". The crowd cheered for his bravery but Lucas was not feeling so well. He pressed his temples, uncomfortably, his head was throbbing in pain, and he was tired.

"You need to eat" Hannah, his thought to be mate said. He didn't divorce her, although they weren't mates he still loved her, and appreciated her so much. Hannah did everything in her power to keep him happy. He hugs her really tight and tells her how much he loves her. He knew her heart will be broken when Rosella and him ends up together, so she deserve all the loving he can offer. Half of him wanted to forget about Rosella and move on, but the other half insisted to find her.

Hannah wrapped her arms around him and took him upstairs. Lucas was limping in dizziness, he hadn't eaten and that is why he has gotten very skinny too. As they approached the room, he quickly laid down on his bed. Hanna comforted him with a blanket and quickly went down to grab some food.

"Rosella" he whispered "at least tell me you are safe". At times it felt like she was safe somewhere out there, but what worried him the most was that if she was safe, she would've called at least one of us. At least! But she didn't/

"Here you go" Hannah smiled. The smell of corn soup tickled his nose, he can feel his body relaxing, and screaming for food.

"Thank you" Lucas said. "You know you – Amanda?" he said in shock looking behind Hannah.

"Bro" she smiled, Lucas immediately got up and engulfed her in the tightest hug. "I missed you, I am so, so happy you are back" Tears fell from her eyes.

"I have always missed you" He mutters quietly, rubbing her head. His eyes avert to Hannah who was looking down innocently. "Hannah" he cleared his throat before he can say anything. She looked up at him, she had fallen in love with him, but every night she would cry knowing he wasn't hers forever.

Letting go of Amanda he walked up to his wife, he smiled at her knowing how she felt about him. "You know you are always going to be in my heart, I do love you, I have no idea what the future holds, I do not know what will happen if I find rosella, I do not know if I would want to be with her, but for now you should know that I will be with you, and –

"I'm pregnant" she said, his heart dropped a mile down after he heard what she said. "I don't know what to do" tears rimmed her eyes.

A smile sprung his lips, "you are?!" she nodded her head shyly. A sudden feel of happiness immersed through Lucas body. "I'M GONNA BE A DAD" he screamed, covering his mouth. He hugged Hannah and spun her around in happiness. Maybe the happiness was good for him, for now. He went downstairs to tell Ryder and Justin, while Amanda stood staring at Hannah in distraught.

"You liar!" she whispered aloud. Hannah flinched in fear, she lied and she knew it.

"I – I was scared" tears balled her eyes. "I do not want him to leave me" she fell on the floor sobbing. Amanda was fuming in anger, she gripped Hannah's shoulder and bent down to her. "My brother did nothing but love you, and you, you are a fricken liar. He lost the love of his life, but he still chose you over her, he has been through so much these past years and this is what you do. You first steal his money, you then make him do stuff for you, and then you fake a pregnancy. Oh please do not look at me shocked, I am a trained professional I know when thief's lie!" Amanda pushed her and stood up. "You will tell him, or else someone else will" She got up and made her way out of the room, but before she could, Amanda was thrown back into the room. She looked up at Hannah stupid face, it was filled with rage.

"You will not say a thing" she said, grabbing a gun from her pocket. Amanda's heart started to beat loudly against her chest, she was terrified, even though she is a practicing army, but at the moment she was more terrified for her brother.

Hannah slowly walked up towards her placing the gun on her forehead. "I don't want that poor guy to go through more pain, so it is best that you stay quiet" she whispered smilingly.

Amanda stayed quite, she couldn't do anything right now, but she had to make a plan and that too fast. "I'll kill anyone who comes in between Lucas and I, anybody, even rosella" she laughed outrageously.

She got up and out the gun back in her pocket, as soon as she did Amanda stood up and pulled on her hair. "Just to let you know, you messed with the wrong person" she whispered, she shoved her to the side and made her way downstairs.

Hannah followed along, she didn't want to hurt anyone, and she threatened Amanda so she doesn't ruin her plan. Lucas, Justin, Ryder, Faith, and Victoria made their way to the main hall. Their dead faces was now shining in happiness. "I am so happy for you!" Faith said as Hannah and Amanda approached them. "Congratulations" everyone said hugging Hannah for her so called "pregnancy".

"We should go check you up by a doctor" Faith said.

"No, it's really okay" Hannah said, she had to avoid any misunderstandings. Before she could go to the doctor... she needed to set everything up...