Chapter 10 || Odd

The word 'happiness' would lose it's meaning if it were not balanced with sadness  

Chapter 10 : Odd

My eyes flutter open slowly, and the bright light shines on me. This causes my head to ace; I could smell the fresh morning air and feel the sun rays seep through my skin. Cool breeze sways by my skin and my eyes are still closed while I enjoy the soft breeze. Then it hit me, my eyes peel open, and I see the sky, trees, and grass. Where am I? I don't even know what I am doing here. Why am I even outside. I sit up, tiringly and see how dirty my clothes are. Who put me here? I stand up and look around, once I see the door of my house I know now that I am in my backyard. What am I doing here? Why am I sleeping outside when I should be sleeping inside?

I walk up to the backyard porch and knock on the glass door which I can see my house living room clearly. "Hello! RYDER!" I yell loudly hoping he can hear me. Obviously, he won't hear me, and I know that.

My stomach growls, I am starving, and I need to at least eat something. If I don't, I know for sure I will faint in a few hours. Maybe if I bang on the door? I start to bang and punch the door hard so anyone in there can get my attention. I bang on the door multiple times, but Ryder still hasn't shown up.

I give up and just start to walk in the yard. My bad is still in pain, I am still in pain, but I can feel my wounds healing, this is because of the training I did with my brother. I miss him a lot I just wish that my life that is a mess will be over soon.

"Rosella" I finally hear his rough voice.

I turn around; I want to say something, but then I went back to being scared. "I wanted to get in; maybe I can do chores or something" I suggest. I watch him as he opens the door halfway and peers his head through it. All he does is laugh, and here I am hurt out in the yard with bare feet.

"Nope, you have had enough of strolling around the house. I feel like three years of torture has done nothing to you has it. Maybe we need to go a bit higher; you will be staying out here for the next two days, and I don't want any whines or any responses back! Do you hear me! This will make you understand never to go through MY things!"

My heart starts to pound, and my stomach growls in response. I place my hand on aching stomach hoping Ryder will get the sign I am hungry.

"I will give you whatever food there is, just for today!" he says what I desperately needed him to say. I cheer inside but still sad about how I have to stay out. Half of me didn't mind because I will be out of misery. Imagine if I escaped? I freeze at my thought; I should never think that, If I were to escape he will find me and do so much to me.

I pace the yard back and forth as I wait for Ryder to give me the food. I hear the door slide open, and I quickly turn towards it. Ryder comes out shirtless, making me go a tinted red and gives me a bowl of soup. I don't want a bowl of soup! I have been having liquids all the time!

"Thanks" I sigh. He just leaves without any response. I sit on the grass and place the bowl of soup on my lap. How I am sitting right now reminds me of those lonely girls who have been abandoned by their loved ones, oh wait yes I am that lonely girl.

I slurp the soup that I believe Luna might have made since it tastes familiar. I eat in peace and just hear the birds sing their soft melody and animals make their noises. Suddenly I hear a loud noise which makes me jump. It sounded like as if something fell, I look around the yard but there is no sign of anything that can fall or anyone. I get up and can hear some ruffling noises, firstly my right ear hearing is getting better that is how I can hear more clearly.