Chapter 8 || Last Day

I hate getting flashbacks from things I don't want to remember  

Chapter 8: Hunt (Word count: 2601)

"I swear if you don't eat this last piece of cake I will be very mad" Lucas whines. I huff, crossing my arms. I have eaten enough food. I will soon be fat plus I can eat tomorrow – never mind – I take a big sigh and take in the last piece of cake Lucas has on my spoon. Oh no, I am too full... and I am so tired of doing all these exercises like push ups, sit ups, lifts, running laps, etc. You know all those gym terms.

"Yay, good girl" Lucas cutely smiles. I'm going to miss him; Amanda, and especially Hunter my amazing brother. I've had a blast with them and today we are going to go out and do some more hunting. This time, I got the hang of it, I shot 5 out of 15 arrows in the bull's eye. To be honest not bad for a beginner.

I watch as Lucas cleans the food court table of ours. "Hey, can I ask you something," I say in curiosity. He hums in response. "I just wanted to know, what pack are you from? Are you an Alpha? Do you live here? Do you have a mate?" I blurt out all the question, oh wow! Seriously dang it, now I sound so devastated to get to know him, which clearly I am not.

"I am Beta of Lunar of Constellation pack, LOC pack in short form" he chuckles. Oh, my god! That pack is known to be the strongest over here, wow it was my dream to meet anyone from there, especially the Alpha or Beta. "We are friends with your old pack that you were in before you got mated, 'Red Velvet Drip Pack' I come here nowadays to help wolfs train my pack and your old pack. I live in Canada; our pack might move back to Canada, but we aren't so sure, so my sister and I travel a lot together. I do not have mate – I thought I did – but no I don't. Even so, I wish I do find one soon, I've been waiting for years" he mumbles.

It must be tough on him to not have a mate, especially for boys; actually for both genders. Now this reminds me of Hunter; he still hasn't found his mate. I half-heartedly want him too, half not because he is all I have for protection and when he finds his mate he will be all over her so... I wish he can find her after a while, but wait why would I let him not find a mate just cause of me. It's my problem, not his, oh god.

"Your turn, tell me your story," Lucas says turning his chair towards me.

I sigh, ugh here goes the fake story as usual. "I shouldn't, it's long, and I will be wasting your time" I fake blush. Fake blushing was easy all you have to think of something "lovely" anything cute or romantic.

"Please"

"Fine, Well it was our coronation day, my best friend was being announced the Alpha, and I was just 16 that time. While everyone was partying it got to crowded, and I went out of our kingdom hall to get some air. I wasn't much of a party person, so I just sat this one out. I started to hear some sniffles and some sobbing in our balcony area. I went there to know what was wrong, and there I saw – I saw a young, handsome looking man. He was crying, though; I asked if he was fine and he looked up at me. Right at that moment he said mine and I got creeped out at first so I backed away. He kept on coming closer, and I stuttered to ask what had happened. He muttered that his sister passed away and broke into tears. –

"I went to get come clinics and made him comfortable for a while. In that instant whenever I would touched him I felt sparks, and I knew he was my mate. He thanked me, and that was it, I didn't know why he didn't just take him right at that moment but after two days at night, I heard something hitting my window. I looked down to see it was Ryder, all happy and calling me. I rush down, oh and during the time I would talk to him over the phone when we didn't meet. I went down to see him on his knees, and everything decorated he proposed and that's when we were forever together... weird... but our story" I smile, so used to this lie.