Chapter 20 || Sirens

❝ Isn't it sad when you get hurt so much you can finally say 'i'm used to it' ❞

Chapter 20: Sirens (Beautiful Banner by obsessedhumor- Amazing job!)

Abaddon's View:

He watched Rosella nuzzling into her pillow, having the blanket hovered over her tightly. Looking at her just reminded him of his love the one he lost because he had to do what his father commanded. People were at the house, his people not the werewolf clan but the Eurynome tribe discussing about what they can do. Now all he had to do was speak to the man in the basement. Leaving Rosella's door he made his way downstairs, everybody was still chit chatting and didn't merely notice him walking. His stomach was fluttering with nervousness but then rage over took him in less than a second.

Opening the cold basement door, he slowly crept downstairs. The breathing noise rose again echoing throughout the basement, causing Abaddon to smirk. "Oh dear, you panic so easily" Abaddon said with an evil tone in his voice.

The man locked up started to cough; "why don't you just kill me!" The man voice trailed out stern, with anger and disappointment.

"Oh no, I can't I need you" Abaddon spoke, coming towards the cage. For the first time he opened what he kept for three damn years, the cage flung open. The man inside breath hitched in surprise, he has been in the darkness, pure starvation, just captivated and tortures for three consecutive years. Now he was allowed to come out? It was a shock for him, but Abaddon knew where this was going to go. What he was actually planning to do, but then again the man in the basement wouldn't be that stupid to be happy he knew also that there is something wrong.

The basement was dead dark, except that a streak of light shone straight down in front of the cage gate. Abaddon watched as the many body crawled out, his face still planted towards the floor,  his body raised up and down. "What do you want from me?" the man spoke, his voice still choking, by how dead and dry his throat is.

"Many things, now let's get you some drink and you will do as I say... Ryder" he spat at Ryder, the name echoed through the basement, causing Ryder to look up at his own evil brother. His blood, his own brother who threatened him, and is willing to leave him lifeless. Ryder felt dizzy, his body was numb all he did was sit and lay down, he never stood in the three years of being captured. He tried to pull himself up by the pressure of his hand but failed this caused an ugly laugh to occur from Abaddon.

Ryder then gave it another and finally stood up, his body still limping. He shut his eyes and sighed, stretching his arms and legs which were painful as hell. "I would have killed you right there when I knew who you were Abaddon, you sweet talked to me, kept me under wolfs bane and locked me. Did you not feel any guilt?" His voice rose, making him cough.

"I don't care about you! Neither does father!" Abaddon yelled at him, Ryder felt pure disgust and anger over him. His stupid twin brother ruined Ryder's impression over everyone, this is something he never wanted yet it happened. Especially by someone who is just a jealous jerk, and wants what they want.

"Look, Ryder. Firstly I did it because I care about my kingdom, care about my dad... I care –

"You don't care!" Ryder cut him off, he knew it was a bad idea since Abaddon could beat him up in any second but truly he didn't give a damn. "I know you! I know how you feel, I heard you! You suck at talking quietly, I know all of you; understand! You care because you want all the magic to bring back your love one, you are a selfish human being, and you care because you want to be the king of this community in fact the world! You don't even care about your dad!" he shouted at him. His breathing started to get heavy as his body felt light, he had enough for today, and he would get easily tired if he would yell, walk, stand or talk. Ryder sat down, rubbing his hand over his face, his head was aching, as it a nail was hammered into his neck.