Chapter 22 || Brutal

❝  l i f e   i s   n e v e r   f a i r ❞

Chapter 22: Brutal (Grab some tissues and enjoy reading it, sorry peeps cx)

You know sometimes I think people who comment on other lives have no brains, they thinks someone should do things the way it makes sense but in reality they don't know my life and they can't just point out what I should or not; I am staying strong because of my friends and my family. I could have killed myself earlier but I had hope and I still do for today.

Everything doesn't have to be real, things can be fantasized no matter how much you think that is impossible. Today is the day where I see my reflection and put a evil grin on knowing that we will win.

I am sure we will win. I take an enormous breath, trying to move away all those horrible thoughts of what the chances are in my head. I take a step out of Abaddon's car and head towards the kingdom.

The time is only 3pm and I am here early with the others, while Abaddon will come later on as he planes. I walk inside and head towards the ball, my heart can't pounding itself against my chest, legit it feels like all I can hear is my heart pounding and everything is dead surrounding me.

Abaddon made me wear black and purple today, so it can go with his whole tribe, if that makes any sense. I watch my group that consists of Hunter, Amanda, Lucas, Felix, Justin, Victoria and Faith plus a few others. They all seem to be busy discussing on stuff; I gulp down nervously and walk towards them. It all feels so strange like everyone is actually going to war.

Noticing my appearance they all turn around some of them sad, some of them with hope. I look at my brother as he tilts his head and plays on the cutest smile I can feel my heart melt. I run to him and embrace him in a tight hug, wishing to never let him go.

"I am very sorry guys I had to put you up into this I –

Before I can continue Hunter speaks up; "Roe, you are sorry? That guy should be sorry! He has no right to hurt you; that's just absurd. Plus, this was going to happen any ways so better fight hard today no matter what" he rubs my back. My lips don't fail to smile, automatically my eyes glance at Lucas without thinking.

I have this weirdest feeling inside of me about him, I don't know what it is but I am slowly getting attracted to him. I can't keep my gaze off of him and it looks like neither could he; I just smile whilst he does back and they go off chit chatting.

I watch as hunter positions everyone as planned and goes over the steps; I have high hopes that we will win, but there is this disconcerting feeling I have within me, that something will happen that will not be good. After a few minutes of everyone getting ready, more people came in and were being positioned while I just sat back watching everything. My duty is to act with Abaddon but in the end betray him, I am still very scared though.

"Victoria" I walk up to her as she sits on the throne for fun.

"Yeah?" she gets up.

"I can't believe this is happening" I laugh, I have to say it over and over to register what is actually happening. She sighs hugging me.

"Well I am sure after this you and Lucas will be together!" she cheers excitedly. I look at her confused; Lucas and I how? "You guys are meant to be together, it is so obvious by the way you two look at each other, and by how his wold comes out in lust when you do something adorbs" she winks, wiggling her eyes brows.

I didn't know what to say, could it be true? That he is my mate. Could my life be happy again, I turn around and decide to confront him. A smile plasters on my face as I see him all the way at the exit of the ball. I run down the stairs and speedily walk downstairs but before I can run towards him the horn goes off; the ball horn. I freeze as my breath stops hearing the horn knowing that the ball has begun.