Chapter 2 || Just An Act

❝ I feel like I am waiting for something that isn't going to happen ❞  

Chapter 2 : Just An Act

"Oh why don't you two just look so beautiful" Our Luna, Faith cheers. Ryder and I both bow down towards her; his hands still laid on my back that I wish to push off. I just don't feel the love sparks with him. Alpha, Justin comes and greets us both. Ryder and Alpha were best friends since childhood that amuses me because they both are the total opposite of each other. Plus, Alpha thinks we are perfect, which in the actual case we are not.

"My beautiful Rosella, and I are ready to head inside for the coronation" Ryder cooed, kissing the side of my cheeks. Yuck! He starts squeezing me closer to him. I cringe at the pain of my bruises on my back. That causes a smirk to tug on Ryder's lips at my reaction. We are right outside of the castle, Alpha and Luna both came in one car while Ryder and I came in another.

Alpha nods, signaling that it is time to go in. He ties his arms around Luna's arm. Ryder and I do the same. They both lead the way, and we follow them inside. As we start to approach I feel an awe at the incredible vast place, for some reason I am excited to see who the guy is to be the new Alpha King. We walk past the gates and down the hall, thank god I am wearing flats and not heels. We finally enter the party room, the doors open and everyone is chit chatting, drinking, and having fun.

If only I could live in this beautiful castle, it would be so amazing; I love how it is all set up. But, if I were the interior designer I would do minor changes. Now, I wonder how the rooms look. The party room has tables aligned around the perimeter, and right across me is the throne. I wonder how the prince looks, oh my god is that a kitten! That is a kitten! I watch the tiny greyish brown kitten walk across the huge hall; I had one when I was little before I married this beast and you –

"Rosella!" I hear a deep voice, my thoughts vanish as I flinch at a sting that rushes into my arms, causing my eyes to glisten. I look up to see my mate with rage in his eyes. "Stop day dreaming you idiot!" he whispers loudly, I shiver in fright, I hesitantly look around. I hate how I doze off; it is one of my worst habits.

"Ow!" I wince at his pinch on my ribs. "Can you act friendly, at least for today?" I mutter sadly, as we walk out of the hallway, to meet the prince.

In response I receive a disgusting sinister laugh, I wrinkle my nose at him. He is annoying, pathetic, ferocious and a liar. I slip my hands away from him and walk at least two inches away from him. "You are lucky the alpha is here, or I wouldn't even care about you" Ryder smirks. I roll my eyes, and sigh, even though his words made my heart feel a pang. The only thing I like about parties is that I can be away from Ryder, it's a relief. We walk up to a door that is at the far end of the hall.

Before Ryder could open it; he jerks me up towards him wrapping one arm around my waist. Sparks of hatred flutters everywhere, I just want to push him off, but I can't

"Smile up babe" Ryder smirks. I sigh putting a big fake smile.

Ryder approaches the doorknob, but the door flies open startling us both. There stood a dark brunette hair men, with hazel eyes. He has a perfectly symmetrical face, a sharp nose, and a high jaw line. Better than Ryders. He stood there with a big grin, staring at me. That made Ryder pull me impossibly closer to him. Which somewhat I did not feel right, which most girls do. "Ehm, I am Ryder, the Beta of Mystical Forest Pack, This is my beautiful wife Rosella" He smiles, but speaks in a more mono – tone voice.

"Oh," The guy laughs. "Sorry, I thought someone was here. I am Prince Felix, about to be Alpha of the Royal Crimson Pack. Please allow yourself in." the prince speaks, showing us the way. With a short bow, Ryder and I both go inside. The room is pretty enormous; it makes sense because different pack leaders are here.