Chapter 19 || Prick of a Rose

❝ The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting, but on building the new ❞

Chapter 19: Prick of a Rose

Monday morning the streets are quiet, all that can be heard is the soft breeze swooshing over me. I walk back and forth through my sidewalk contemplating if who I saw downstairs is real or just a dream. The weather is actually not so bad, today it's a pretty chill weather. Though last night I barely had any sleep just thinking about that poor man downstairs locked up. How can he be so cruel to lock him up? I mean what did he have to do with this, why couldn't Abaddon fake the act in front of him too. Exhaling the massive breath I held in I look around to see if I can find anyone, I don't know who I am looking for but I have a feeling someone will show up.

My ears pick up a door creek open, causing me to turn around towards the house. Ryder comes out, with a cheeky grin on his face. "Hey, so guess what. There is perfect plot we are planning against the Mystical Forest Pack, and the Royal Crimson pack" he whispers with a wink.

"Really that's awesome" I smile, turning away from him. I quickly grab my phone and click the record button. "So will you tell me the plot?" my voice comes out smooth. He nods his head and we both start to walk down our neighbourhood.

"So, the pack is going to have a ball and this time we are going to attack them out of nowhere. I on the other hand will expose that I am not Ryder and will take Ryder and threaten them that I will kill Ryder if they don't give me all the power they have kept. They will then be afraid, and out of nowhere my whole clan will come" he sighs in delightful, which really pisses me off.

"How much of you guys?" I ask.

"Around 1000, since they have more than 1000 and we have magic so we thought we would play fair, anyways I know we will win, because I am going to aim for killing the Prince or Justin if one of them dies then everyone will rush to him allowing me to access the portal where they have hidden the magic." He laughs, his excitement is very vivid, everything is clear. I can't believe this man is so excited to murder innocent people at the ball. He turns towards me and placing a hand on my shoulders. "Thanks for everything, you continue your walk I have some business to attend" he whispers and with that he runs of.

Wow, that man is actually really happy that I am helping him. I quickly close the recording and message it to everyone. Hopefully they will have everything prepared for the fight. My legs swiftly make their way back home; but before I can enter my house I hear one of the most familiar voice calling out for me. The persons voice rings in my ears with delight, a smile appears on my face and sparks start to flutter everywhere.

I turn around immediately, my small smile turning into a big grin. "Hey Rosella" he says. I run downstairs without even thinking about anything and hug him as much as I can. I missed him so much, and I am ever so happy to see him.

"Oh my god, Lucas! What are you doing here?" I shriek in happiness backing off from the hug. He laughs at my action and the suddenly turn into serious.

"You didn't tell me" he shakes his head, brushing hands through his hair nervously. "Why didn't you tell me about your fake mate? You should have told me, I – I can't believe it. I didn't know all this and I let you receive pain from him" his jaw unclench and clenched. I walk up to him with a small smile on my face.

"Hey, it's okay" I say softly. "I couldn't bear to tell anyone else you have to understand now my kingdom is in dangerous, well it would be mine if the real Ryder is my mate. I think he is, maybe but anyways I still have to safe them. You should go..."

He shakes his head, placing his hands on my hand. "No I didn't just come here to ask about this, I wanted to say that when this is all done, I have something to tell you, and for that day I will wait" he smirks, and leaves me alone, almost to the point where I am paralyzed thinking of what he means. With a sheepish smile on my face I walk inside, Opening the door my gaze meets with Ryder's chest. My heart starts to pound and my body trembles in fear once again. Oh god, please I hope he didn't see anything.