Chapter 14 || A Change

You were given this life because YOU ARE strong enough to live it 

Chapter 14: A Change

It's been two days since the last meeting with Victoria and Faith happened. After that everything was normal, Justin got better, Faith told him everything but at first he was very mad, which is explanatory but now he got better. While Ryder is getting Happier each day as Justin fakes to get sicker. I have been starting to warm up towards Ryder, I do as he says, I smile, I agree, and I just look firm. He seems to be liking it, and I am hating it. Though how I guess I am 'acting' isn't really a quick change because if It was then that would leading him to be skeptical.

I haven't gotten any pale lily notes so far from the unknown person, but I am still eager to see what is in the basement. Furthermore, this new change hasn't reduced the abusing, he still does it when he is all drunk. I sigh thinking about how I should act now and not to make it seem so obvious.

"Rosella" I jump once I hear Ryder's voice. I sit up properly on my bed and get off.

"Yeah?" I ask expressionless, I have learnt to show no fear no pain and just no love. I remember back training with Hunter all these fighters have to have an expressionless face, if they show any sign of emotion it causes high targets.

"Uhm did you hear about Justin, he is getting way worse, I am afraid...

"it's okay" I say, still no emotions evident. He looks at me his eyebrows furrow in confusion. He comes into my room, and speeds up right in front of me grabbing my arms harshly. Tightening his grip, I inhale trying to avoid the massive pain that is slowly cutting all my blood circulations.

"You dare say that about my friend!" He yells. Now this was too obvious he is faking but man he is a great faker. I clench my jaw and pull away his grip from mines which shocks him.

"You didn't even let me finish Ryder! I said it's okay, it happens." I sigh disappointingly, walking away from him rubbing the fake scar on my neck. "I feel very sorry, but we tried everything, we gave medications! Needles! Treatments nothing is working! The only thing that can save our community since we are linked with the kingdom is for you to become the alpha" I protest.

He turns around, an unusual grin slowly appears on his face but quickly fades away. "So you don't care if he dies?" he crosses his arms creasing his forehead. He walks up towards me and I stay firm on my ground, "you don't care of our alpha dies meaning my best friend" He whispers standing an inch away from me.

"I care, but we tried didn't we. I mean you care, you tried everything nothing is working" I pout, he looks down with a confusion all over his face that causes me to smirk. He looks up with a smile on his face and I go back to being expressionless. This is my first time seeing him actually smile and it looks pretty nice on him. 

"What would happen if I become alpha?" he asks. I move away from him and just walk around my room.

"I will be proud of you, one thing I have learnt is that no matter how harsh you will be to me, or hate me I don't care at least you will care about the citizen and you will be kind, and you will have it your way. No offence the way Justin and the Prince were combined and both ruling this community kind of sucked."

"You know I am his –

"No I understand you are his best friend, I came from another pack so the way I lived was more perfect and demanding it is my opinion. Don't mind"

He looks at me with an impressive face but than that goes away in a second. "Get me food I am starving!" He yells. I don't jump this time, I understood his timing of yelling, and it is all a pattern type.

"Of course future alpha" and with a leave with a smile on my face. That is enough for today or it would get skeptical, I can see how he likes it when I take his side. Maybe I should do that even more often. I walk downstairs towards the kitchen and start to get food out for him.

Once I am done getting all the food out, I am forcefully pulled around and bump into a hard wall, never mind a hard chest. My eyes trail up from a naked chest up to Ryders face. Oh shoot he looks mad what did I do now? He goes back and slaps me hard on the cheeks.

I clench my jaw in pain, furrowing my eyebrows angrily. "What was that for" I say, subbing my cheeks.

"Just for me to relax" He laughs disturbingly. I shake my head and just turn around taking the food from the counter to the dining table. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, and I just hate him! He is such an ugly bastard a stupid asswholes a fricken bitch! I yell out in my mind, now it feels better.

Ryder comes and sits down eating his life out in front of me while I just look around and my eyes catch the basement again. "Tell me why do you always stare at the basement?" Ryders asks, with a mouthful of food. I gulp nervously, and because of the nervousness my stomach grumbles.

"Uh you know, haven't seen that door in a long time just wonder what's down there. Curiosity has It's way you know..." I trail off not even making any sense.

"It is a plain old basement, don't look at it like a pesky dog!" he growls at me, I nod my head and watch him eat.

"Go upstairs and do not come down, I will be back to you at 9:05!" He shouts, I shiver at the timing and run upstairs. This still sucks no matter how nice I am trying to be sweet to him and here he can't even be nice on bit! He is such an asswholes. I run to my room, taking a big deep breath.

It's okay rosella no need to be scared, you can troll him once he is drunk and talk about how good he can be as alpha! You can do something like that. I nod my head at my own conscious and sit at my dresser staring at myself in the mirror. "Be strong, be you, the you, when you were young" I say to myself. My eyes suddenly catches a glimpse of someone behind me. My heart pounds and I jump in fear letting out a small scream.

"W – Who are you" I mutter eyeing a young hot black haired man while he wore a long black cape covering his body. I back up hitting my dresser, my body trembles as I back up hitting my wall. "I demand you to tell me who you are!" I yell almost as he walks up towards me.

"I am one of the great sorcerer, I was sent by Miss Veronica. She had told me about your memory loss. I will help you but every magic comes with a price." He says with a smile.

I am literally frozen, that was hell as freaky. I hate when people just randomly appear. "And how should I trust you, what if you are a demon?" I talk back, shaking away my fear.

He rolls his emerald green eyes and with a swirl of his hands right before me a green smoke poofs Victoria stands her face shocked and astonished. "How did I get here, I was just working, I – Oh you! Hi" Victoria smiles. "Oh don't worry rosella it is the wizard who will help you!" she shrieks.

"Well maybe you are forgetting something Ryder is downstairs and I bet he could hear everything!" I whispery-shout back at her.

"Well if you will excuse me, I am not that dumb to be talking and allowing him to hear. There is a sound proof spell around this room so please quit arguing I have other business to attend. Now please do as I say!" he says firm. I nod my head, and smile so he knows I am friendly and not a screaming psycho.

"Lay down it will only take a second" He says, while digs into his cape and grabs a dream catcher. I lay down on my bed and he brings the dream catcher a few inches away from my face. I watch his hand has it moves around the object and suddenly I see the picture of what happened last night, It glows purple and moves his hand towards my forehead I close my eyes and suddenly feel this massive bold energy pressuring on my brain, it isn't that painful but I start to see the scenes.

Vote and Comment + Baby you should go and love yourself!