Chapter 5 || Surprise

❝ It's funny... how easily you walked into my life was just how easily you walked out of my life ❞

Chapter 5 : Surprise (p.s. they all have British accents) and thank youu so much for enjoying this book!

It's so sad that I now have to go back to dungeon a.k.a home. Victoria and Faith are packing everything up while I am here outside of the house, trembling inside of what will happen when I come home. I remember feeling the same way when I would sneak out of the house, and my parents would catch me, which I don't mind. Though Ryder scares me, a lot.

I look around consuming the beautiful morning scented air before I step into a rusty old, messed up house. It is messed up, to my surprise, I just realized that no one has been ever invited over. "Roe" I hear Victoria from behind, and her soft hands landing on my shoulder.

"Here," She says while I turn around staring at her confused. She grins and glances down and up, I follow her gaze my eyebrows furrowing together.

"No way" I gasp as I see a phone. "I – I haven't had this in so long! Wow, this looks different then what I had few years ago" I squeal, holding the iPhone. It feels so nice, oh my god; it's so slim. Wow, the back is so gold and so shiny.

A smile forms on my lips, I embrace my best friend into a hug. "Thanks, girl, you are amazing!" I giggle. She rubs my back; I stiff up hoping my bruise won't sting, but surprisingly it didn't. I break out of our hug and watch as Faith drags my suitcases out with all the new stuff I got.

"I'll be coming with you because I live near you. Plus, I will need to put this secretly in your room" Faith winks.

We say our goodbyes, and I follow Faith into the back of the car. I sigh shakily, looking out at the window putting a forceful smile. I wave to Victoria until she is out of sight. "Don't worry, nothing will happen" she whispers, obviously noticing how tense I am. I nod my head not knowing what to say, they are such great friends.

I watch the window as the houses and cars pass by, my solemn face turns into a frown as I see my familiar neighborhood. My heart starts to quicken, and I begin to bite my lips nervously. Why do I have to feel this way? I shut my eyes hoping no tears would shed, but it did, I quickly wipe them and sit up straight. The house is here, oh no! I take a deep breath. I feel a familiar touch on my shoulder, "got goosebumps" Faith whispers.

Shrugging my shoulder we both get off the car. I go to the trunk, "no you go inside... remember I take the stuff in" Faith says pushing me slightly towards the house.

"True, I'll see you" I smile. She shoos me off, and I turn towards my huge light brown house. I gulp down my immediate dry throat; the burning sensation in my throat begins, and I walk towards the door. Taking a deep breath I ring the doorbell, this causes loud bell chimes to echo.

That is strange, I haven't ever heard this before, and it feels different. Why? Are we even at the right house? I turn around about to leave, "Rosella" I hear Ryders unpleasant calm voice. I shut my eyes taking a deep breath; you just need to relax rosella. I turn around to see him with a smirk on his face. "Welcome home" he winks taking my hand gently. Nothing is coming out of my mouth, why! TALK ROSELLA! Ugh. I blindly follow him inside and hear some chitchats.

I take my shoes off concentrating on my foot, why does it smell too good here? I don't dare to look up, oddly I do so and see everything so perfect and clean. "H – How?" I whisper, finally, something groggy escapes my mouth. It's so clean, like my dream house.

"Pretty right! I got it cleaned because we have guests." He links our fingers together, and I just follow him, still processing this beautiful house. It is breathtaking, why is Ryder acting so different, though. "By the way, the maid that came to clean this place is hot, and tastes sweet" he chuckles. My mouth falls open, and I feel a pang in my heart. My eyes glisten, was he serious? He banged her, I purse my lips trying not to shed a tear.