Chapter 7

Maia's POV

I awoke to the sounds of quiet snores coming from the person I was laid next to.

I looked around the unfamiliar bedroom in confusion at first but then remembered the events of last night. Sam.

I gazed over at his sleeping body and instantly felt my insides turn to mush. He looked so vulnerable and cute when he was sleeping.

I crept out of the bed, not wanting to wake Sammy up and cause a scene upon my leaving. I didn't know whether he wanted me to stay or not so I just decided to leave. It's not like either of us were looking for anything serious and the longer I stayed around, the more attached I was going to become to this guy.

Last night felt like a dream because of how great the sex had been. Sure I'd been crazy drunk off my ass and said things I didn't intend to, but I didn't regret hooking up with Sam.

I collected my coat from the foot of the bed and walked downstairs to slip on my shoes.

As I was on my way down the corridor, where I assumed all the bedrooms were, I heard something that made me stop in my tracks.

I'd heard Maggie's voice escaping from underneath one of the doors. I mean, it probably wasn't her because I had a major hangover and I might have not heard right.

I carried on, keeping quiet walking down the stairs. I slipped my shoes on and opened the door. I was trying to make as little noise as possible and thankfully it was working.

Once I'd successfully gotten out of the door, I slammed it firmly shut behind me, not caring whether anyone heard me now.

I felt desperately in need of a body cleanse. My teeth needed brushing, my hair needed brushing, I needed a shower and I needed some medication to stop the throbbing pains running through my head.

I texted one of my other friends besides Georgie and Maggie to come and pick me up, knowing that they weren't in any shape to pick me up. Maddie texted back instantly and being the generous friend she is, she offered me a lift back home.

I started walking to the point she said she'd pick me up at. As soon as I reached it, she was already there and waiting. She dropped me home and I thanked her. I looked a mess right now but since she was my friend, she didn't judge.

As soon as I walked in my apartment door, I ran into the bathroom and ran the water in the shower. Once I'd gotten in, the hot water covered my body and it felt amazing. I felt like staying in there my whole life.

My migraine felt like it was easing and I felt much less hungover than when I woke up.

When I came out, I felt refreshed and I decided that I should meet up with Mags and Gee to discuss last night's events from all our point of views. So I texted them both and awaited their replies.

Once I'd invested myself into watching Grey's Anatomy and eating popcorn, my phone buzzed signifying I had a message. It was Maggie confirming that she'd come. Georgie would definitely be in because she was always down for anything.

I texted them to meet me at Starbucks at the arranged time and to bring with them the recollection of memories they had made last night.