Chapter 13

Madison's POV

Something was up with Jack. He wasn't telling me something and he was lying to me, I could sense it. But I wasn't looking for confrontation, I was looking for answers and I knew right where to get them.

So here I am, waiting for that chick that was arguing with Sammy that day, to arrive at the diner I'm currently sat in. I got her number off Johnson who didn't question the motives of my actions but just gave me her number.

I sat up straighter when I saw her walking into the diner and heading to our booth. She took of her jacket and slipped into the seat across from me.

"Hi, I ordered you a strawberry milkshake if you wanted it." I fumbled with my bracelet, afraid of what this girl thought of me.

After all, she looked like couldn't give a damn about anything, super confident. I wish I could be like that, but how could I when Jack wouldn't tell me the truth. It hurts to know you're being lied to.

"Thanks." She shifted awkwardly in her seat.

"As you'll remember I'm Madison." I held out a hand for her to shake. She still it after hesitating.

"Maggie," she looked around her and then back at me, as if she thought she was being watched. "Why did you invite me out here? Why did you want to talk to me?"

"I have a few questions about Jack and Sammy for you." I pursed my lips.

"Shouldn't I be asking you about them I mean, if you go out with Sammy, did you know that he hooked up with my friend the other week?"

Maggie's POV

"Oh god no. I don't go out with Sammy. They only made that up because Sam said your friend was interested and he was trying to put the message that he doesn't like her across without hurting her feelings. I couldn't care less about Sammy. He's my friend, but he's a prick nearly all the time."

All this conversation was jumbling in my brain. All the words were fusing together and giving me a headache.?

"What do you mean you don't go out with Sammy?" I was beyond confused.

"I meant what I said, I don't date him." She smiled a bit.

"Oh okay." I stifled a smile.

"No, I go out with Jack."