Chapter 34

Sammy's POV

Whilst on the way to Maia's house, I'd called her at least 10 times on the way there but had always been greeted by voicemail. I left a recording everytime incase she did listen to them.

The cab eventually pulled up at her house, I didn't have anything I planned on saying really, just the truth. I walked up the long driveway, stumbling a bit at the nerves that consumed my body. I was praying that the drinks I had taken wouldn't go to my head.

Knocking on the door, my palms grew sweaty. I didn't want to even face her to be honest. If she was upset, it'd break my own heart to see her that way and know that I was the reason for it.

I frowned when I heard no movement from the other side of the door, indicating that nobody was home. I continued to rapidly knock many more times until I realised that she knew that if I came after her, this is the first place I'd go.

I slammed my fist into the door angrily, not caring whether I made a dent. I wanted her to let me explain for god's sake!

I ran back to the cab, sitting in it and running my hands through my hair whilst my brain worked it's hardest. I knew the driver must be thinking I'm crazy but I'd do anything for Maia, even if it meant me looking stupid.

Maia's POV

How could he do this to me? I mean, I know they weren't kissing or anything but they looked so happy. And there was that connection in their eyes like they'd known each other for a lifetime, more than I'd probably known Sammy for.

I sighed and stopped sniffling. I knew I was being kind of pathetic but so far me and Sammy hadn't exactly had any arguments or other people getting involved in our relationship, other than Taylor. I just didn't want to lose Sam.

I was currently listening to I Know What You Did Last Summer by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello, and stuffing my face with chocolate when the doorbell rang.

I sighed, walking over to it. I knew that I probably looked a mess right now, but I didn't care and I couldn't be bothered to remove the ruined makeup from my face.

I opened the door and instantly gasped. "H-how did you find me?" I backed away from the door, surprised to see him here so soon.

"I had to find you. I asked Jack about where Maggie lived and here I am." He walked inside, not asking for an invite. He walked closer while I tried to walk further away.

His face dropped when he noticed that I didn't want to be near him. He looked so upset in that moment and all I wanted to do was run into his arms and kiss him but I needed answers and this was the only way I'd probably get them.

I went into the living room and sat on the couch, knowing he was following me. He sat as close to me as possible and began tracing patterns on the skin on my hand. I snatched my hand away because I knew I'd give in easily otherwise.

"Answers." I huffed, wanting to make this as quick as possible. It hurt me to be mad at Sam but he's kinda deserved it.

He gave me a puzzled look but then his sad face returned and he replied, "What answers do you want?"

"Who was she? What is she to you?" A look of anger crossed his features, but it passed as quickly as it came.

"Someone I used to know, I haven't seen her in ages. She's just a friend." He looked defeated and kept his head downcast.

"Didn't look like just a friend." I muttered but Sam obviously heard me and gave me a sympathetic stare.

"Maia, listen," I turned my head away but he continued. "I love you, nobody else. Okay, maybe I used to go out with her but it didn't even last long and it was about 4 years ago, she's old news. My eyes are only for you, I love you Maia."

I met his eyes as he said them words and I knew I'd over exaggerated the situation. I knew that maybe I'd have to clear it up with the girl just to be sure she wasn't trying to get with him, but I trusted him. Well, now I did anyway.

I sprung to my feet and made it quick to leap onto his lap. The moment our lips connected, all the tension ceased and it was just passion. Endless amounts of passion.

We finished our heated make-out session and laid there staring at each other with desire. I traced circles onto his chest and his arm was around my shoulders, playing with my hair.

"Let's go." He stood up abruptly and intertwined my hand with his. We walked out of Maggie's front door and climbed into a taxi that he must've ordered.

We were both drunk, but sober in a way too. All the things said between us were true and the actions we did were honest. It was just our minds that were intoxicated with lust and alcohol.

We made it safely back to Sam's and walked up to his bedroom, keeping our hands firmly interlocked. I noticed him looking down at me and I smiled up at him, planting a kiss on his cheek.

As usual with us, he gave me his clothes to borrow. I was making my way to the bathroom to change when Sammy grabbed my waist and hauled me back.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before." He whispered seductively in my ear. I giggled as his sweet breath hit the back of my neck.

I self-consciously got undressed, making sure not to look at Sammy as he'd only make me feel more embarrassed. As soon as he saw me growing aware of what I looked like, he made his way over to me and briefly kissed my forehead. Then he encircled me in his arms and held me like that until I decided that I was okay.

He returned to where he'd been and I finished getting dressed. That same desire that was always there when I wore his clothing, returned to his eyes. I gave him a toothy smile, to which he returned, and made my way to lie down.

He got in next to me and we laid like that. Embracing each other and fitting together like two puzzle pieces, clearly only made for each other.

"I love you too." I said before falling into a heavy sleep, unsure whether he heard it or not but I'd be sure to remind him if he hadn't.