Chapter 29

Sammy's POV

I clenched my fists and ground my teeth together. "What?" If I was listening correctly, Taylor was gonna get his ass beat.

"He cheated on me Sam." She looked up to gauge my reaction and she seemed quite scared when she noticed how angry I was. I never intended to worry her or scare her but why would Taylor do that? She'd never deserve that. Sure I'd cheated before but they were never permanent relationships like right now, and none of them girls were Maia.

I embraced her to ease her worry of me knocking anyone or anything out although I was making no promises about later tonight. If I saw Taylor again tonight then he was gonna get what was coming for him; in this case, my fist.

I tried to push all thoughts of Taylor out of my mind whilst I comforted Maia, knowing that it wouldn't do me any good to see her more upset that I was getting mad. She'd probably go and blame herself but we all knew it wasn't her fault.

"Literally if Ethan shows up here, I'm gonna lose it." Her voice was muffled by my t-shirt material but I still heard her.

"Who's Ethan?" I scrunched my eyebrows together and Maia guided her fingers between my brows, as if to smooth away the creases that'd formed there.

"Another relationship gone wrong. Another mistake, another regret." She sighed and her arms loosened from around my neck. I could tell she wanted to break away from the everlasting hug now.

"Want me to leave you on your own?" I asked her, getting the vibe that she wanted to be alone.

"Oh, no. Sorry if it felt like I was making out that that's what I wanted," I smiled at her, she knew she didn't have to apologise for anything and yet she still did. "But can we just go out somewhere together?" She grabbed my hand and traced circles around my palm.

"Sure, I'm down for anything with you," She blushed and pecked my lips. "Where'd you wanna go baby?"

"Erm, could we like go bowling or something? Or swimming?" When she mentioned swimming an idea rose quickly to my head and I decided to elaborate with Maia about it.

~an hour later~

I pulled up at the Abandoned Lake and walked around to open Maia's car door for her. It was pretty late so the sun was setting and the views were incredible from here. I'm surprised loads of people didn't know about this because of how attractive the scenery was. Then again, maybe I was one of the only people who appreciated and relished in nature.

Maia gasped when she got out of the car and walked forward towards the boardwalk. She stepped towards the platform where you could get a better view of the colourful sky. Her eyes widened and her intake of breath was audible from a few metres away.

I joined her and grasped onto her hands, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Isn't the view beautiful!" She stared in awe at the piercing colours of the oncoming night.

"My view certainly is." I smiled broadly and Maia turned around to face me.

"Do you have a book containing all the things to make me swoon? Seriously you can say the cheesiest or corniest things but they also make me fall for you even more." I chuckled and cupped her face, slowly bringing our lips closer together.

Things couldn't get any more perfect than right now, literally. The changing colours of the sunset where captured in our eyes, while we also were transported to a place where everything was timeless. Our moment right now was timeless. No one to stop us. And we definitely couldn't stop ourselves. Why would we want to either?

She broke the kiss off and gazed intently into my eyes. "Wanna take a dip?" She challenged me with her eyes.

"Oh sure, I'll go grab the clothes from the car." I let go of her warm hand, only to be pulled with her chest against my back.

She whispered into my ear, "Who said anything about clothes?"

I widened my eyes and couldn't believe what I'd just heard leave her mouth. Where was the innocent girl? The one that'd been in awe of the world's nature about a minute ago? It seemed to be that she'd long disappeared.

She bit her lip and stared up at me through her lashes. I realised that this was the girl who'd screamed my name. This was the girl who'd played dirty. This was the official wild girl.

I licked my lips and turned on the spot, walking towards her. She backed further away, surprising me. But I instantly knew what she was doing; she was luring me in, and I was falling right into her trap. Anything she did could attract me.

When she got to the end of the boardwalk, she paused. She looked back at the water behind her and then back at me. She smirked at me slowly and then began removing her clothes with caution. She took off her shoes and dress, throwing them in the direction of the car and making sure that they wouldn't land in any dirt or water nearby.

She was slowly killing me. The longer I waited to be near her when she was like this, was eating me alive. I walked closer, finally deciding I'd strip too whilst she was down to her underwear.

She nearly had me drooling with the lingerie she was wearing. Matching red lace. And to think I'd been sold with just seeing her in the dress. Man, she hid more than I ever could.

I stared at her with as must lust as I could muster and walked ever closer to her, closing the gap that'd been keeping us apart. I was now in my boxers and Maia passionately gazed at me, knowing that I wanted to do this too.

Then she cracked a huge smile, ripping down my underwear. She cracked up, leaving me smiling at her laughter. I did the same with her panties and tossed them towards the car. Then she turned so I could unclasp her bra, also flinging that in the direction of where we'd come from.

Nothing could keep me from her anymore. I leaned down to meet her lips just as she ducked under my arms and chucked herself into the water. I dived in after her and wrapped her body around me protectively. Even though no one else was here, I still had to do it as an instinct and just because I enjoyed doing anything and I mean anything with Maia.

We soon dried off, wrapped ourselves in towels and headed back to the car, grabbing our clothes on the way. I was kinda disappointed when Maia suggested that we should head back, even though I admit that it was getting pretty dark.

We packed up the car and were off back to my place quickly. I couldn't wait to get back.