Chapter 46

Gilinsky's POV

I woke up and my head was pounding like I'd downed all my alcohol cabinet in one hour. That could've been possible actually. But I became more aware of my surroundings and wondered how I'd ended up here.

I was in the place I hated the most, the hospital. The memories came flooding back from last night and I wished I was still unconscious. I hadn't realised that tears had streaked my cheeks until the nurse, who I hadn't noticed until now, gave me a sympathetic look and handed me a tissue.

I looked down in embarrassment and wiped the tears away quickly. I was not one to cry.

After remembering what went down, I panicked about where Johnson was. What if he'd been taken back by those god awful men? What if he'd - no, stop thinking of the worst.

The nurse seemed to notice my panic. "What's wrong?"

"Did you know of a patient admitted named Jack? Jack Johnson?" The lady seemed to think about it for a minute before giving a small smile and a nod.

"Unfortunately I can't let you see him yet for a few more hours because he's in very serious conditions and you should take a nap." She was about to leave and close the door behind her when I stopped her.

"Wait, please. Can I ask you something?" She seemed hesitant before nodding with a cautious look in her eye. "How did I get here?"

The nurse sighed and sat on the chair placed next to the rails of the hospital bed. "You were laid outside of the hospital in the rain at the ungodly hours of the night. Someone found you outside with a note clutched in your friend's hand."

She paused, but I urged her to continue with a pleading look in my eyes.

"The note said, 'Don't come back.' When you came in here, some guy called Sammy asked to see you but we were trying to help you regain consciousness. He's in a different ward at the moment but I can get him if you'd like to see him?" I lifted my head up after she finished.

"If he's not too busy then yeah but don't keep him from whatever is in that other ward." The nurse gave another small smile and walked out of the door.

I sighed and laid my head back against the pillow, wishing that time would've turned back. Turned the fuck back to before any of this happened. Before any of us got hurt. Hell, before we had separate lives that we didn't know everything about. I felt like it's been a lifetime since I'd seen all of the guys in one place at the same time because it's true, we hadn't been together; but there was reasons for that.

I just didn't want to waste my time without them by stressing about other things. We'd been there for each other since high school and some of us, before. I had no intention of letting that friendship go or letting anything get in between it.

While I was deep in thought, I didn't hear the door reopen until a loud intake of breath alerted me from my train of thought. I looked up instantly and was beyond surprised. Beyond surprised she'd turn up, here, today, now, when I was like this.

I cringed at the thought of what I looked like and that that was probably the reason why she'd made a noise upon her entry.

She looked pleadingly at me, gasped and then flung herself at me after crossing the room at a pace.

Madison was back in my arms. Finally.

Maia's POV

Sammy had been with me until a nurse had come in and taken him out of the room to talk to him; I'd assumed it had been about me but Sammy had returned soon after and told me that Gilinsky was in hospital too and wanted to see him.

I'd willingly let him go because his friend needed him right now and I needed some time alone to think. Sammy had been amazing, caring after me ever since he'd been allowed to see me hours ago in my hospital bed.

Now I needed time to recap, to think everything over. Why did everything happen like it had? Where did it all go wrong?

I can't think too deeply about this because I was victimised for being a part of sammy's life for crying out loud! There's nothing I can do about that because I love him. I love him and I'm never going to take that back.

Whoever this ex was that wanted Sam back was long gone. She's his ex, meaning no! She needs to take that as an official answer and move on with her life. I just hope she's finished with her little games for the sake of Sammy and his friends, even me and my friends.

A knock on the door caused all the thoughts in my mind to disappear. "Come in." I already knew it wasn't a nurse and my suspicions were answered when Maggie walked in looking guilty.

"Hi, sorry I didn't return after I first came in. I thought maybe you and Sam would want some time alone." I smiled and almost laughed.

"It's been hours, I wouldn't have minded a visit from you." I smiled cheekily and Maggie gave me a small smile before a frown replaced it quickly.

"What's up?" I asked, patting the bed, making sure there was some room for her to lay next to me. She slid down onto the bed and rested her feet up after.

"I don't know what to do about Jack." Maggie played with her fingers in her lap and then looked back up at me. I slung my arm around her and pulled her head down to rest on my shoulder.

"Talk to me. What do you mean Mags?" She sighed and then replied.

"Him and Sammy are friends and it's not like I'm not going to see him again, no matter how much I wish that'd happen," She chuckled before turning serious once more. "I just don't know how to stop feeling awkward and hurt around him."

"What brought this on?" I was surprised she'd brought up Jack, nevermind was upset by him right now.

"On the way to your room I passed his and saw him with Madison acting all lovey-dovey." Maggie looked like she could cry but also could be sick at the same time; I wouldn't be surprised at either.

"It all takes time. Time and distance. To heal, to forget, to forgive. Let it be and don't give into him, don't go crazy against him. He's not trying to make you mad by being with Madison. No matter how much it sounds like I'm defending him, just know I'm not and I still want to kill him for what he did, but he loves her no matter how hard that is for you to hear, it's the truth unfortunately. But hey, you've still got me."

I threw a joke in there because the silence had grown awkward and I didn't know what more to say. What other advice to give. I'd been in Maggie's position once but I'd been so vulnerable and I knew Mags was a different person altogether. She was stronger than I ever could be.

The silence stretched onward for awhile before I felt water soak through the material of my scrubs and dampen the skin underneath. I looked down at Maggie's face and my heart broke watching one of my best friends cry. I cuddled her closer in to my side.

The last thing I heard before I fell asleep was, "You're actually right, I don't know what I'd do without you."

Sammy's POV

After my long chat with Gilinsky, I was on my way to Maia's room. Johnson was finally allowed guests and Madison and Gilinsky were able to see him. I'd decided to pass the good news that Johnson was going to be okay along to Maia.

I opened the door to her hospital room and chuckled quietly. Her and Maggie were cuddling, fast asleep. I smiled to myself watching Maia while her chest rose up and down, and her eyelashes fanned over her skin.

She looked like an angel. Fuck, a goddess even.

I thought back to what me and Gilinsky talked about. We were going to go to the police, as soon as possible. For now, it was a waiting game to see if Stass would strike again. I still can't believe she's the one behind my girlfriend and friends torment.

What the fuck is wrong with her? Should I talk to her? Whatever she's feeling, she needs to stop taking it out on the people I love and direct it to me instead. I deserve it, not them.

daddys girl ➵ s.w {completed}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें