Chapter 35

Maia's POV

~ Couple weeks later ~

Sammy and I had been inseparable since the night we'd spoken the words "I love you." I hadn't told Sam but I was also scared of the fact that I didn't want to be replaced; if I hadn't shown up at the point in the club, things might've gotten carried away. He was drunk.

I was trying to focus on the positives though and put the thought into my brain that it didn't matter because I had walked in at that point and they hadn't done anything else. That you know of, I thought mentally. I practically was shouting at myself in my head to forget about everything. If people knew what was happening in my mind, they'd think I was insane. And I thought I was right now.

I was driving over to Sammy's and Maggie called me. I put the loudspeaker on and continued the journey.

Maggie - Maia, my favourite lovebird. How are you?

I internally cringed but replied. No one had still figured out what Maggie was hiding and it was bugging me inside and out. I think she could sense it too whenever we were together and she would be all giggly and acting high.

Maia - I'm doing good. What happened to me and Georgie being joint favourites?

Maggie - God, she's so clingy. Her and Grayson can't keep their hands off of each other. Like, it's gotten to the point where it's so often that it's become gross to me.

By how loudly she was speaking, it was obvious she was in the same room with them at the other end of the phone. I chuckled and felt sorry for Maggie being almost like the third wheel but then remembered that she could be hiding a boy from all of us.

Maia - Send my love. Love both of you my darlings.

I put a dramatic hand over my heart, even though they couldn't see me, and faked a British accent.

Georgie - Love you too

Maia - I hate to be the person who cuts conversation short but was there a point to this phone call? I have a life to live Maggie

Maggie huffed but then giggled.

Maggie - Yeah, actually. One of my work friends is getting married in 2 weeks and I was invited a while ago. I didn't want to show up friendless so I wondered if you'd want to go.