Chapter 8

Sammy's POV

I woke and instantly searched the bed for Maia. When I couldn't find her body, I opened my eyes and was shocked to find that the space next to where I'd been sleeping, was empty.

Last night was definitely not a dream and yet the fact that she still wasn't here made me think that I'd imagined everything that I thought had happened last night.

I couldn't hear the water running so she obviously wasn't in the shower. I went downstairs to continue my search for someone I was beginning to believe had been an illusion. Like upstairs, she wasn't there. However Gilinsky and the girl who's picture he'd been checking out before the club yesterday, were both in the kitchen eating breakfast.

I cast my gaze downward, trying not to give anything away about last night until I figured out whether it was real or not.

Just as I'd about to lose hope, I found something. Not her. But I found something that hadn't been there before last night and I remembered her wearing it when I pictured her from yesterday. Her anklet. I smiled at it like a crazy idiot but them stopped.

Wait a second, she'd walked out on me. She'd fucking walked out on me. No girl has ever done that to me before. Usually they stay for a shower and seconds, before having breakfast and then me kicking me them out of my house for good.

To be honest, the fact that she'd walked out only made her hotter to me. She was bold and she didn't give a fuck about anything obviously.

I must be going out of my mind if I actually wanted her to stay? I never want any girl except sexually. But this is different.

I went back downstairs, a smile creeping it's way back on my face although I forced it to disappear, it didn't work. I bet I looked so creepy  to Jack and his fuck when I walked into the kitchen.

"What's up with you?" Jack asked, noticing my facial expression instantly.

"Just good sex last night." I flexed, stretching my arms behind my neck.

The girl, Jack had mentioned to me her name before...Maggie? Yeah, I think it's that. She rolled her eyes at me and looked down at her phone when it buzzed from a notification.

"Who's that?" Jack asked.

"Just my friend. You saw her at the party last night when she interrupted us at the club." She giggled and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Oh, yeah. I do remember her vaguely." He winked at her.

"Would've hated to have been her. Would've hated having to watch that scene go down." I laughed.

Maggie narrowed her eyes at me and Jack just chuckled under his breath, but it was still audible to my ears from across the table.

"What's she saying anyway, she seems to be blowing up your phone." Jack examined Maggie's phone over her shoulder.

"She wants to meet up later to chat so I'm gonna go." Jack pouted as soon as the words had left her mouth.

"But what about what we planned?" He whined.

"It can wait for later. I'm only going at like 5 so I can come back in the evening," Maggie sighed and typed a reply on her phone. "It's not like Maia's gonna waste a lot of my time anyway; she knows when enough conversation is enough."

My breath caught in my throat when Maia's name rolled off of her tongue.

"M-Maia?" I stuttered unable to believe what Maggie had said.

"Um, yeah," Maggie sassed back. "Why?"

"I'm just trying to remember if I saw her last night." I lied.

"Okayyyy." Maggie dragged out, not seeming to care at all.

"Anyway I've gotta head out so bye lovebirds." I got up from my seat and grabbed my jacket from the foot of the staircase.

Before I left I heard Jack yell "Fuck off." Boy, that guy was keeping secrets that could dig him alive. Madison was one cold ass bitch and could achieve anything when she was angry. But also, this Maggie girl seemed quite confident and bold so maybe it'll be two of the same characters versus each other? Who knows and it wasn't really my business to know anyway. I didn't want to involve myself in shit like that.

I didn't know where I was going to drive to but I just needed to think and driving helped to do that. So I set off and headed driving towards the least popular area in the city, The Abandoned Lake.

It was a calming and relaxing place that eased any of worries or concerns and just gave me limitless time to think things over.

So that's where I was now, throwing pebbles into the water and thinking about the one girl I couldn't get off my mind since I met her.