Chapter 26

Maia's POV

I slipped the dress on and it fit perfectly. I don't mean to sound cliche, but it actually did fit just right. I was practically glowing from how excited I was, I bet I could even light up a room with all my built up happiness at the idea of a date with Sam.

I walked over the the mirror in my walk in closet and couldn't stop smiling. I hoped that Sammy liked it as much as I did; my entire appearance in fact.

I quietly opened the door leading back to my bedroom, wanting to surprise my friends with my entrance. I tiptoed out, which was quite hard considering I was in heels, and shouted, "SURPRISE!"

I held up my arms and turned in a victorious circle. Maggie clapped her hands and Georgie's mouth was open in awe. They really loved it. I couldn't wait to get out of my house in it. It made me feel so important and special just wearing it. And the shoes.

Maggie's phone buzzed and she looked down, then smirked up at me. "Time to go." She grabbed my hand and I almost tripped down the stairs by how quickly she was dragging me.

She stood me at the bottom of the stairs, fixed my hair and then opened the door, practically pushing me out onto the pavement. "Well have a good time to you too." I shouted sarcastically before she closed the door on my face.

I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going so I just stood outside, getting cold even with my massive coat on, until I received a text.

Sammy - Where are you baby?
Maia - Maggie didn't tell me what I was doing or where I was going before she kicked me out of my own house.
Sammy - That's okay, just drive to Pazzerini as fast as you can! I don't care if the police catch you, in fact that'd be kinda hot.

I rolled my eyes at his immaturity, but at the same time it made me blush and a warm feeling spread through me. One of pride in finding someone like Sam.

Pazzerini? Isn't that the very posh restaurant downtown? I hope he doesn't spend too much money on me or I'll be paying him back. I'm not exactly rich but I'm not the sugar daddy type either.

I sighed and typed the directions into my car's navigating system. I started driving as soon as it had figured out a route for me.

The place was only about 20 minutes away but it was a lot of hassle getting there. I was ready to pull the wheel off the car. A few misturns and a couple stop signs later, I arrived at the place. It looked very upperclass. I knew that I was in a very smart outfit, but I still felt a bit out of place walking up to the restaurant.

I was wearing my very long coat so that I could surprise Sam. I couldn't wait to see his face. I just hoped he loved it.

As soon as I made it to the Pazzerini door, a man that looked like he worked here asked for my car keys and offered to valet my car. I accepted and handed them over. What I didn't know was that Sam had hired the man to drive my car back to his house, but I was going to find out soon.

I opened the door, not knowing where Sam was, and walked further into the restaurant. I was startled when I felt arms encircle me but relaxed when I knew it was Sammy.

I turned around in his embrace and pecked him on lips. However, one peck wasn't enough for him and he went in for more, being sure that his tongue explored my mouth.

I pulled away when I was sure people were watching and kept close by Sam as we walked to the reservation desk. We checked in and were instantly seated.

It was then that it caught my attention at what Sammy was wearing. He was looking dapper in a black suit with a white shirt, black trousers and black shiny shoes. The man knew how to dress, it was that obvious. I blushed when I noticed Sam had caught me looking.

"Liking what you see?" He raised his eyebrow and chuckled. I nodded and laughed.

"Oh, of course. But I always do." I teased him by licking my lips and his expression dropped. He looked at me longingly and I giggled.

"You look stunning by the way. Although I'm not too sure with the long coat business. Are you wearing it just because you're wearing nothing underneath?" He winked and I felt the urge to roll my eyes at his ever-existing dirty nature.

"No. But I'm just cold." I lied. I really wanted this outfit to be a surprise, and I was pretty sure that it would be.

"Whatever you say princess." He smirked and I blushed at the new nickname. Me and Sam were moving fast in our relationship. We hadn't officiated that we were a couple but we both knew in our hearts that we were and as long as we both knew we were committed to each other, that was enough for me. I hoped it was enough for him too.

We ordered our drinks, starters and mains. The conversation was mostly random and the topic was changed every few minutes. I was going to wait till after the main meal to make my big reveal.

A couple entered the restaurant and everyone cheered. I stared around in amazement. There were lots of people supporting them. I figured that they'd only just gotten married or something to do with the honeymoon, but you could never be sure what was going on in other people's lives. They could be celebrating anything. But my thoughts were answered when the woman turned around and had a 'Just Married' sign on her back. I smiled for her. I hoped to feel that same commitment with someone someday.

I saw Sam looking at me from the corner of my eyes and I turned to face him, giving him an amused expression. "What?" I looked at him, bewildered by why he was looking at me like that.

"Nothing. You just look so happy." He smiled when he saw my smile get wider.

"I'm just happy that other people find happiness. The moment they find someone truly compatible for them." I gushed when I realised that Sam was probably getting bored from my dragged conversation about marriage and commitment.

"You're not boring me if that's what you're thinking. I like to know what goes through that pretty little head of yours." He smiled a toothy grin and I couldn't stop myself from doing the same back.

"I'm sorry, I just get carried away." I looked into the distance, thinking about my own future. I was brought out of my thoughts when Sam interrupted me.

"That could be us one day." I looked at him as if I couldn't believe what he'd just said. Like I couldn't understand. Did he actually just say that? He chuckled when he saw my face and then the food came and our conversation died down. But I still couldn't get the image of me and Sam, married one day and happy, off my mind.