Chapter Eight - At The Park

Jack didn't let go of your hand the whole way to the park, causing a million butterflies to erupt in your stomach. You let him lead you, once you got into the park he stopped and took a deep breath while smiling.
"Pretty, right?" you exclaim.
"Definitely" Jack replies, looking into your eyes and grinning. You feel your cheeks burn as you giggle and look down at your shoes.
"So, what shall we do here?" Jack asks, still clasping your hand like it would kill him if he let go. You clear your throat.
"Well, there's a dude over by the lake who sells the best hotdogs you'll ever taste in your life"
Jack's face lights up.
"Oh good! I am starving"
He drags you by the hand again and skips towards the lake.

*time skip*

You and Jack had found a free bench, you were sat beside each other while guzzling down your soft, warm and tender hot dogs that were being carressed by crispy golden rolls of white bread and drowning in ketchup, (I'm writing this while I'm hungry okay I'm sorry) when you finish Jack casually scoots closer to you.
"So, when exactly will you be flying bsck to Ireland?" he asks nonchalantly.
"I fly back on Friday, a week from now" you reply, seeing sadness take over Jack's beautiful blue eyes.
"Oh" he sighs, making you chuckle, but you couldn't help feeling a little heartbroken as you looked at the sad expression on his face.
"Don't worry Sean, I'll let you know as soon as I'm back in Kilkenny"
Jack's eyes widened, making your face light up red once again.
"Oh, sorry. Is it okay if I call you Sean?"
"Oh, yeah! I mean, that is my name"
You both laugh.
"So, when are you back?" you ask, wiping your mouth with the napkin from the hot dog.
"I fly back Tuesday. Hey uh.... maybe we should, ya know, exchange numbers... or whatever. That way you can text me when you're back"
A cheesy but beautiful grin found it's way to your face.
"Sure! I uh...." you clear your throat and dial down your excitement.
"I mean... uh, yeah, that's cool"
Jack laughs uncontrollably as you try to act all cool.
"Wow, you are a dork, aren't you?" he says between fits of giggles. You playfully nudge him.
"Hey! Look whose talking" you shoot him a playful glance as he pouts at you.
You both can't seem to stop laughing as you exchange numbers.