Chapter Twenty-Three - Recovery

*Sorry for the picture*

You waited, anxiously watching every doctor and nurse that passed you by. You were resting your head on Jack's shoulder in the waiting room of the hospital, Jack was nervously biting his nails. Another Doctor passed you.
"Hey, excuse me? Could you please tell us..." Jack piped up, but the doctor seemed in a rush and he just kept on walking. Jack sighed.
"Why is it taking so long? If he was gonna be okay they would have told us by now"
You raised your head slowly, and put a sympathetic hand on Jack's shoulder.
"Sean, I think if he wasn't going to be okay they would have said something. Alright? They're probably still operating"
Jack opened his mouth to speak, but at the moment he did a doctor came rushing over, you both stood up and Jack squeezed your hand tight, despite everything that's happening you still felt tingles.
"Mark is going to be okay" the doctor said, making you and Jack sigh happily.
"Thank god. Can we see him?" Jack's voice was back to it's original chirpiness (is that a word)
"Not for at least two hours, I'm afraid. He'll need sleep, you can go home if you'd like, try to get some rest yourselves and come back later"
"I suppose we should go and let everyone at PAX know what's going on" you turned to Jack, who nodded in agreement.
"Yeah that's probably a good idea, thank you Doctor"
The Doctor smiled at you both sympathetically, as you left the hospital with your fingers intertwined.