{1} Ares

Copyright 2016 ©
trying to be a lil original

dont forget to vote pls bbies

NOTE: Why didn't anyone tell me i was spelling r-o-g-u-e wrong? fml guys

It is said that you find your mate when you need them most.

I of all people, did not think that I would ever need a mate. I am self dependent and successful at what I do. I am the third born of the previous Alpha, and sister to the current Alpha. I am head of Military for my pack, and a well trained mercenary.

I didn't need a mate.

But just because I didn't need him, didn't mean that he didn't need me.

Ares Marshall

I've only ever heard about him. Our school is flooded with endless rumors about him. He is a social outcast, and let's just put it out there, he's a rouge. And everyone knows he's half rogue. That his mother, the Luna of one of the nicer packs was raped and left and left for dead. 

But she kept him.

No one dares to go near him. Anyone with in a hundred foot radius can sense the anger in his inner rogue. The complete hatred and intense fume that burns inside of him is so strong, he daunts me and everyone around him. A raging fire pit that sits in his chest, waiting for someone to add a log to the flames. I didn't want to be that person. 

But I am mated to him.

I've known of him for most of my life, and not once did I get that tingly spark feeling. I've watched him, heard of him and quite possibly even talked to him. But never did I ever suspect that he would be the one that our goddess would pair me with. 

The werewolf mate bond is peculiar, you can know your mate for your whole life, and it's not until you need them when you realize who they are.

But I didn't need him. So obviously, he must've needed me. 

"Aurora!"

I feel cold palms grasp my arms and shake me awake. My eyes flick open like a switch, and my body jolts feeling alert. My eyes meet my older brother Landon, his dark eyebrows are raised high and I can hear his heart pumping. Landon is the Alpha, and I know something is terribly wrong because of the fear in the air. 

"There's an attack on the southern territory, send your troops." He's uneasy and I scatter from my bed as quick as I can ready to give orders. 

An attack on southern territory? Our pack territory has never been attacked before, let alone the southern area. Local packs wouldn't dare to pick a fight with us, they would also all know that our southern territory is nothing but the forest.

But outside my window, I hear the sound of frantic screams. I take a moment just to inhale the air. I smell the fear, the adrenaline and...

Rogues.

I stiffen. "I'll order half of our warriors against the attack, the other half can guard all borders." I tell the Alpha, and he nods back in approval. 

"I'll tell Dexter to shift the pack, inform them, and calm them down." He jogs backwards, down our home hallway. 

Dexter is our brother, and we are the commanding litter. Landon, the first born is the alpha, Dexter the second born is the leader, and I am the pack general.