{13} Miles

ABOVE: Liam & Miles

first off, a big thanks to all my readers for getting me to 1k+ reads :)

also, im at a party and im bored af but cant leave for a while so this is a short filler chapter to keep me entertained.

---30th Jan 2016---

"Hey, do you wanna go bowling with me and the guys?" Ares hums on the other end of the phone.

"I mean I'd love to but I'm a little busy..." I tell him as I shuffle through hard copy evidence. Undercover pack wolves have been gathering information about the whereabouts of the rogues, it's my job to put that information together then track down where they are.

"What's keeping you busy, baby girl?" He asks sounding very inquisitive.

"Ah, it's just... there were rogues lurking by North Beach." I lie.

If I lie, maybe he'll let something slip. I've had this urge to ask him everything he knows, but every time the topic comes up he avoids it. His eyes get red, he gets angry.

"Huh? That's strange." Is all he says back, making me raise my eyebrow.

"Why's that strange?" I begin, thinking that I might just have struck some key information.

"Well, the rogues don't hang out North, they hang out South, they don't like beachy areas. Too open."

"Oh, that is strange." I whisper, writing down the word 'south' on the piece of paper in front of me.

"So are you sure you can't come? I get it if you can't but it would be really fun if you could come, baby. I'll even show you a trick or two." He chuckles cheekily, and I roll my eyes.

I stack my evidence and papers away from my desk, and exhale. Maybe I should go out, I've been doing this all day. Besides, with that new piece of information I deserved the rest of the day off.

"You know what? I think I'll come." I tell him, smiling about the little information that I've just gathered.

He lets out a happy noise and I can hear the smile on his face when he tells me, "I'll pick you up in five, baby."

I didn't have time to tell him goodbye because he had already hung up on me.

I don't really want to get changed so I just pull on Ares' basketball hoodie that reads; MARSHALL.  It's baggy on me and I have to roll the sleeves up so I can see my hands. I keep on the black yoga pants that I'm wearing and put on my cross trainers.

With in a matter of minutes Ares is already here, and he's become so comfortable with my family that he just walks through the front door.

I mean, as long as he doesn't run into Landon. But even I don't like seeing my brother a lot of the time. It's always Rori do this or Why aren't you working? I wonder if our pack actually like him as an Alpha.

"Hey," I say quickly while tying my shoe lace and hopping down the hallway. "Can you just wait one more minute?"

Ares nods as I hop my way into Landon's room. My family is a bit strange because if I'm going out somewhere, I have to tell my brother instead of my parents. It's mainly because Landon is the big controlling Alpha and I need to ask him for permission for almost everything.