{34} Marshall

Wassup everyone?

Fun fact: when i thought of this story 2 years ago, Aurora & Ares were gonna be Kendall & Kane! Can't remember why I changed my mind though hmm.

ABOVE: Halo by Beyoncè (*cough* kyle *cough*) 

please don't forget to VOTE 💞

------------

"Let's get outta' here, baby." Ares rattles his keys, flinging his jacket behind his back.

I look up at him, still seated nicely in the bar. "Home?"

I didn't want the night to end. I wanted to have more fun. More importantly, I wanted to spend the little time I had left with Ares -- especially when it was just the two of us.

He grins, ear to ear. "Of course not."

He holds his hand out over the table, waiting for me to grab it. And when I do, he politely helps me up, and pushes in my chair behind me.

"The night's still young." He whispers in my ear, tugging me out the door.

I quickly double check that there's money left on the table, with a well-earned tip for our waitress. There is. Tucked under Ares' sad, demolished banana split bowl.

It was short lived.

"I want to go everywhere with you." I tell him, as we near the car, the lights flash back at me as he unlocks it.

"We have an entire lifetime together, baby." He chuckles, opening the car door. "Even in heaven."

"Yeah," I mutter, trying to be happy. "Even in heaven."

All it took was a comment like that to make an empty hungry void appear in my stomach. I didn't deserve him. And he certainly didn't deserve what was going to happen to me.

It's for the better. My life, for so many others.

I sat down, seat belt buckled, and stare at him. God, he's perfect. Beautiful curly strands that sit on his forhead. Deep blue eyes --- but currently happy and green ----- perfect teeth to flaunt with a killer smile. Tall long legs, toned biceps, sexy traps leading up to his adams apple. Why is he so perfect?

I'd finally fixed him. No more rogues. Anger contained. Now, he's a proud father, and loving mate. His siblings talk to him. He lives with his two best friends. He smiles like he's the happiest man in the world; because he is.

I just wish it could stay like that.

He starts the ignition, turning on the radio. "Sorry, Kyle's been in the car." He pardons as Beyoncè begins to play through the car.

"What is it with his obsession with Beyoncè and Destiny's child anyway?" I giggle shaking my head.

"I'm not sure ----fuck, I love this song." He realizes as the instrumental stops, and fades into a beat.

And I remember the song, "Halo?"

"Hell yeah. Listen. It reminds me of you."

Remember those walls I built? Well, baby they're tumbling down.

The corners of my mouth raise without though; smiling genuinely as he mouthed the lyrics like they were his own words.