{18} Sia

dedicated to: ignited_flame789 💞

ABOVE: Ares

"Are you okay, Rori?"

Landon knocks on the bathroom door as I hug the toilet bowl. My family have just made me eat a meal, and it didn't go down well. I've been avoiding eating since I've been home, so for the past day I've been completely put off food due to nausea.

My Dad says it's because how I've been treated. My mind has become used to eating and then getting abused, so my body rejects to food in fear of a beating.

"Just a little sick." I say, wiping my mouth as I stumble back up. Satisfied with my hurling.

"If you need anything just tell me, okay?" Landon makes himself clear as I open the bathroom door.

He's standing there in sweat pants and a hoodie, looking concerned. Through out my sixteen years, my eldest brother has never showed so much care to me. He's been actively checking up on me, and making sure I'm alright. It's a weird feeling, because usually he's so busy with himself.

"Okay." I smile.

He holds his arms out and pulls me into a hug, holding the back of my head tightly. It feels so foreign to me to receive such love from Landon.

"Don't worry, Ror. No one's going to hurt you once I'm done with them." He whispers in my ear.

I feel a rush of comfort and protection. I feel safe in my own house, and it's such a relieving feeling. I do however, feel anxious when Landon says these kind of things. He mentions all these horrible things he wants to do to Ares, and I just want to deal with it myself.

"I-I should've listened to you... I should've told you what I was planning----" 

He cuts me off. "Hey, that doesn't matter right now. You're home, Ror."

He hugs me tightly, holding the back of my head in his hand, brushing my hair away. A part of me knew that he was being nice because he was happy I wasn't talking to Ares. But I ignored it. I hated thinking about that liar. I wouldn't let him get in the way of how Landon and I are bonding at the moment. 

"Thank you, Landon." I pull away, retreating back to my bedroom in my pajama shorts and baggy hoodie.

Once I open my bedroom door, my heart drops and I my breathing becomes heavy. 

My window, wide open --the curtain is sucked outside as the cool breeze spills in. A curly haired boy sits on my bed, his deep blue eyes look up at me; pleadingly - while his mouth hung gape. I shut the door behind me, holding back the tears or screams --- he was still the last person I wanted to see. 

But I knew that Landon would kill him if he knew that Ares was in here. And I knew  that he would win the fight too. Ares wouldn't stand a chance, even as a rogue against my fuming, raging older Alpha brother.

His eyes meet mine, and I can tell he's been crying. I can sense his sadness, a feeling so strong that it makes my heart heavy. But I dismissed the feeling, he didn't deserve my empathy. 

I open my mouth to speak, but he already begins to talk.

"Please, just let me explain," He shakes, I don't say anything back I just stare at him. I suppose he takes that as an approval to speak because he begins opening up like a book.