{22} Stagger

ABOVE: Ares

"You've got to understand that there are other ways!"

I am currently sitting down with my elbow propped up on the meeting table. My face is squished into my fist as I continue to listen to my eldest brother ramble on about the decisions I've made.

"I know you're not ready for the baby but you don't have to leave the pack! This is your home Aurora, your family is here, your friends are here. Do you really want the baby to be excluded from that?"

I take in a deep breath, taking in my surroundings. We're currently in the pack house, locked in the meeting room. Just Landon and I to discuss our differences.

"First of all, Landon, I'm having twins." I correct him, realizing I haven't actually told anyone anything about my babies. Just that I'm pregnant. "Second of all, I don't think you realize that the twins, Ares and I will be perfectly fine in our new pack."

"And what pack is that, Ror?"

"My own pack." I tell him, not wanting to give him the full details of my intentions. If he knew that I wanted to build a pack from omegas and outcasts he would end me.

"And how does the war fit into this? With your twins and your pack?"

"The rogues won't attack for months, I've been in their territory, I've seen what they have. They're not ready, I've got plenty of time. I will have given birth by then."

Landon pauses, and his green eyes seep into me. I feel them like they're lasers, burning my eyes with his. He holds his stare for a good few seconds before shaking his head at me.

"You think you're so smart, Aurora." He uses such a rude tone, it's hard not to hit him. "Running a pack isn't as easy as you think."

He looks down on me as if I am nothing. But I don't let him get to me, because I well know that my pack will be one of the greatest packs seen by the moon goddess.

"By now, I would've thought that you would know. It's not hard to run a pack if the right people are in charge."

"You don't know shit, you're nothing but a rebel and a rogue." He spits at me, obviously frustrated with the decision I'm making.

"And I guess that's all we'll ever be." I inhale sharply, making sure Landon doesn't get to me. I can't let him get to me. So I use the only threat that I know will get to him. How dare he call me a rebel, but I guess through his eyes that's exactly what I was. A little rebel running off with a rogue.

"If you do not support my decision, then I can assume you don't wish to participate in Coby and Chase's lives."

"Coby and Chase?" He asks, looking confused.

"The twins." I clear my throat, standing up. Landon freezes in his spot not even prepared to say anything. I didn't think he would have anything to say anyway. Of course he wants to be in their lives, he's a good older brother. But where Landon is weak, is where he can't chose between being an Alpha or being a brother. He doesn't want to look weak, so he'll say nothing.

As I walk out of the room, I think about how I want my pack to be. I don't want to choose between being an Alpha or a brother like Landon, I want to be both.