{4} Leroy

ABOVE: Ares (his reaction when talking to rori)

I've never meet someone, with worse self esteem issues than Ares.

He's angry because he's sad, sad because he's angry, this endless cycle of wanting to beat himself up over it. 

"Why are you so angry?" I ask him. It's a Friday evening and I snuck him into my bedroom. My brothers are out at a party hosted by the one and only Monica. Ares and I were invited, but declined her not so tempting offer to spend time together.

"What do you mean? It's because I'm half rogue." Ares tells me, sitting on my bed with my head on his lap.

"I've meet full rogues and they are still not as angry as you." 

It's true, there's something different about him. With other rogues I can sense their anger, and that's completely normal, but with Ares I can feel the intensity of his anger.

He swallows, and I watch his adams apple move.

"I've just learned to turn my sadness into anger."

"What are you sad about?" I question, as he strokes my hair softly. I look up from his lap and his eyes turn from green to a cold ice blue.

"Do you know why they named me Ares?" He asks, and I shake my head. "Ares is the Greek god of war, it literally translates to 'battle'. Ares is an angry god, and Zeus' least favourite child, most of his myth's portray him as a humiliation. He's the reject of the family."

"And they named you after him, because of that?" I say shocked, that's horrible. My heart jolts and my wolf whimpers, that's so sad.

"Yeah, my mother didn't really want me. She raised me anyway though, despite the fact I'm not allowed to be Alpha. They hate me." His eyes are so cold.

"Oh Ares!" I wrap my arms around him and give him a warm hug. He's not showing any obvious signs of sadness but I can tell how he's feeling by his eyes. He accepts my hug and holds me tighter than I hold him. I embrace his body and listen to his heart beat steadily.

"They named my half sister Athena, after the Greek goddess of wisdom. In the mythology, she and Ares always battled, and she would come out victorious. My half brother is named Zeus, the god of gods because they want him to be a famous Alpha. My siblings don't really like me."

I couldn't help but compare Ares' family story to Cinderella, and I guess that would make me Prince Charming. I'd always wondered why Ares was the way he was, because I always thought that he was treated well. How could a stable pack raise an innocent half rogue into an angry threat? I now look at his pack differently now, how could they hate him?

"You deserve to be the Alpha."

"No, Rori. That's why I was with the rogues, they accept me as one of them. It's recruitment time and they like me."

"You're better than that."

"I'm an Omega, too good for the rogue life, but not good enough for the pack life."

It was true. What was he supposed to do? It broke my heart to hear how he really feels. 

"I'm pathetic." He mutters, his eyes red but almost sweltering with tears. "God, I hate myself."