{9} Kyle

ABOVE: Kyle Tonks!

"I'm just really sick."

Ares didn't pick me up this morning. I drove with Landon instead, who was more than happy to hear that Ares wasn't there for me.

"Oh, will you be okay?"

"Yeah, I just need to stay at home." He coughs, his voice a murmured deep husk.

"Do you want me to come see you after school? I could bring food?"

"Baby girl, no. I really don't want my girl getting sick, it'd make me feel worse."

"Okay," I sigh. "You better get well soon... I miss you."

"I miss you too, baby."

I had to remind myself that I was a big girl, I could make it without him. What would one day do?

I sat with Andrew, Rusty and Spencer during potions class. Rusty's hiccups have finally stopped and they made a deal that they wouldn't practice anymore wizarding wonders anytime soon.

I had to endure another painful period with Monica sitting next to me, feeding off people's secrets and privacy. She told me all about how I'm seen as quite the bad ass knocking Jonah King down. It doesn't mean anything to me, I was just defending Ares.

By the time lunch time came, I had no option but to sit with my previous group of the Alpha Children. I was dreading it all say, sitting next to the obnoxious royal born brats. But just as I began walking to sit by them, someone pulled my arm.

"Oh no you don't, Trent."

I knew instantly who it was and I smiled. Who else would call me Trent?

"Nice to see you too, Tonks." I turn to Kyle who is standing right in front of me. He wears a grey hoodie and black basketball shorts, his dirty blond hair is a bit of a mess but it suits him.

"Sit with us." He tells me, pointing back to a table that Miles and Liam are sitting on. I found it weird, but comforting, that Kyle wants me to sit with them. I give him a confused look still, because why would he do that? "Come on, we're just looking out for our friend's girl."

The whole situation makes me smile entirely. I'm Ares' girl. His friends are welcoming me. I follow Kyle to the table and take a seat next to them all.

"Ey! It's Miss Fierce in the flesh!" Miles cheers, munching on his french fries and licking his fingers. "So tell me, what does it feel like to lay a fist on that morons face?"

I roll my eyes, ever since the party on Friday, people have been calling me Miss Fierce because of what happened to Jonah. They should see me when I'm really mad.

"Watch it, Dragon boy. Or you'll be next." I tease him, as he ruffles my hair and punches my arm lightly. Miles is very energetic and hands on, being around him makes me feel alert.

"If you can get past his nasty breath." Liam retorts after Miles belches, swatting his hands in the air.

"It's a gift." Miles shrugs with a cheesy smile.

"The gift that keeps of giving." Kyle snickers, starting to eat his burger. I laugh as they all bicker at each other, and I find myself enjoying being around them. I'm happy that Ares has them as friends because they're all funny, kind and good people.