{26} Coby & Chase

I love reading comments so much on all my books ahh it makes me happy!!

ABOVE: Ares ;)

very much a short but sweet chapter. shortest chapter in the entire book.

-----
Ares

"Where is she?"

Ash stands bulk like in front of a door, his baby blue eyes warming me. Angel and I arrive at their home to find the place trashed - but blood dripping from the table like an overdrawn bath.

"Please be quiet," Ash lays his hand in front of himself, trying to ease me into a hushed voice. "She's in here."

"What happened? Let me through." I attempt to push past him, but for once Ash seems to be standing his ground. I respect that, but he is in my way. "I'll let you past in a minute, I just want you to be aware of a few things, okay?"

His voice is very flat, and patient. My emotions are all over the place, what happened to her? Is she okay? The connection between us is weak, I feel many urges to bust down that door and see her. Did the rouges attack her? Is that why she's in intensive care? But I calm myself, Ash won't let me past unless I comply.

"Okay."

"She went into labor--"

"She what?" I cut him off. She's too early to go into labor, the twins...

"Listen. I'm having a hard enough time myself right now, just listen. She went into labor, she had a C-section. Because it was so early, her body wasn't prepared, she's under heavy medication. The twins are premature of course, but not too dangerously. The doctor mentioned something about strong growth genetics, half rouge half alpha born. They're in there too," He points to the door behind him, expressionless. "In incubators."

I nod, sucking in all the possible screaming. How could I let this happen?

This was by far the most important day of my life. For my girl, for my boys. And I wasn't even there. 

I loathed the rogues. Their devious plans, tactics, anything ---- they ruined me. They always brought out the worst in me. 

Ash takes a step to the side, opening the door for me. My heart sinks to the floor.

Aurora lays with her eyes closed, just like the Disney princess she shares her name with. I'm by her side in a heart beat holding her hand, which seems to make her eyes open.

When she looks at me, my heart picks up. It beats faster, and faster --- god this girl gave me the butterflies. 

"Ares!" She whispers with joy, smiling so hard her lips are rolled flat. "Are you okay? are you hurt?"

She questions me as if I'm the one in the hospital bed. I nod my head it her with a silly expression.

"I'm fine," I chuckle lightly "You think a pack of rogues can hold me back?"

"Of course not." She gleams, her cheeks rising all the way to her beautiful green eyes. I kiss her forehead lovingly, as she clutches harder to my hand. My beautiful mate.