{23} Sapphire

ABOVE: Sapphire

It's been two months.

Finally, Ares and I have managed to find a location large enough to extend in the years to come for our new pack. After consulting with the Supernatural Board of Trustees they were happy to give us a section of land on the top of Hill Hermes. This was absolutely perfect for me, Hill Hermes is a well known look out, and I want my pack to be well known.

It's said that Hermes visits the hill every so often to look over and deliver messages to his children. I couldn't have been more ecstatic to receive such an estate.

With the help of Andrew, Rusty ans Spencer, they've agreed to use their powers to create a pack home. This to me is the easiest idea ever, while other packs build their houses - we create ours.

Currently, the three wizards are on Hill Hermes crafting our home, as Ares and I babysit. The only condition the three boys gave us, is that we had to look after their little sister Sapphire. They said that they wouldn't be able to do anything with her bedside them. They exaggerate her defiance, she's not that bad.

"Ares, can you pass me the tape?" I gesture to the clear roll of tape beside him. He rummages through the mess in my room and tosses it to me.

"Thanks." I say biting a piece off and sticking it to my box of things.

"I'm hungry." A voice moans. I turn to see Sapphire hanging upside down from my bed. She's fifteen, but acts like a five year old. She has piercing blue eyes, which pretty much suits her name. Her her is dead straight and jet black, it's so long that it dangles to the floor. Her skin is white as snow, and her lips are full and pink. She's drop dead beautiful, but she's very irritating.

"After I finish packing we'll get some food." I tell her looking over to my last empty box.

My room is practically empty, and I only need to put all my clothes in their allocated boxes and I'll be finished.

"But I want food now...." She groans, sounding like a little princess. I press the tape against the box in front of me, sealing my clothes beneath the cardboard.

"I'm almost done." I turn to her, pulling the last box in front of me and my previous one away. Her eyes roll and I find myself wondering if letting her join my pack was a good idea.

"Ugh.." Sapphire complains making me agitated by the second. "This sucks."

I heave an aggressive sigh and hold my bump. I rub my stomach soothingly, reminding myself I'm doing this for my babies. Coby and Chase are the best things that's ever happened to me, and they'll be due in just over three months. I gave the wizards instructions on how I want my room done, and the nursery. I told them to knock themselves out after that, so I'm sure they'll be having fun waving their wands.

Ares must've noticed how Sapphire's comment upset me, because he clears his throat, stands up and says;

"Let's get you some damn food then."

She gets up dantly like the little princess she is and follows him out of my room down to the kitchen. Ares has all my mixed emotions. I want to love him for what he does, but I hate him for what he's done. I just want my babies to be happy, I want them to have to happy parents and for them I'll try.

I listen out for their footsteps, because I want to know Sapphire won't be too much trouble in my old home.

"Argh!" I hear. I know instantly it's neither Ares or Sapphire. The tone in Landon's voice is so aggressive, it makes me wonder what has gone wrong.