{24} Laslo

to my poor readers, that have to get through the pain of long periods of time without an update

THANK YOU ALL FOR 5K!!

I'd just fallen asleep next to Ares.

We'd just been at my parents' dinner party to welcome Sapphire to the family. I'm not sure that I liked the way that she treats my brother already, but he has what he deserves. And what he has is Sapphire - a stubborn, demanding but beautiful young girl.

My phone woke me from my precious slumber, vibrating, flashing, and making every sound possible to piss me off.

"Hello?"

I pick up my phone from my bedside table. My eyes adjust to the light, I read the contact number as 'ashy' and the time '3:49AM'. I tug my blanket so I can sit up and be covered, but gently so Ares doesn't wake up.

"Rori? Hi, I'm sorry for waking you up so early but you've gotta help me... I can't get a hold of Landon or Dex, I'm freaking out." His voice is very shaky and he constantly keeps stuttering, I suddenly feel very concerned for my baby brother. Is he okay? What could possibly be wrong?

"Honey, what's wrong?" I ask sincerely, and a little loudly because I'm worried. Ares tosses to his side facing me with a grumpy look plastered on his face.

"Nothing's wrong, go back to sleep.." Ares groans trying to pull me in for a cuddle. I take my phone away from my face for a moment.

"Not you, you goof. I'm on the phone so shush." I hit his arm gently trying to listen to Ash.

"I'm so anxious out right now, I'm so scared... I just don't know what to do...please help me."

"What's wrong? I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong." I flick my blankets off me and stand up on the ground. I tip toe out of the room to let Ares sleep peacefully while I try and calm my brother down.

I hear him gulp through the other line, his breath is hitched and I can feel his nervousness and fright through our sibling bond. There's so many mixed emotions, it's so powerful, I feel sadness & fear, but I can feel a heavy anger feeling in the bottom of my chest.

The empathy is so strong, I'm almost struggling for air. I know by the weight of these feelings that it's not just Ash; it's Landon and Dexter too.

"I-I was taking a walk with Angel, because w-we do that every night before bed. She forgot her scarf so she asked if could quickly run back and get it, so I did. B-but when I came back with the scarf I heard her scream. Do you know how horrible it is to hear your mate scream? It breaks you. She sounded so frightened and I couldn't do anything about it because I didn't know where she was! I tried to find her but she's no where to be found, but I could smell it Rori."

"Smell what?"

"Rogue."

My heart drops and I feel sick. They're back for us, and they've taken my brothers mate. What do they want with Angel of all werewolves. She's practically a saint, she hasn't done anything wrong.

"I'll come get you--" I tell Ash before getting cut off by a terribly loud smashing sound.  Like broken glass.

Heavy footsteps, more broken glass, a grunt or two.