{6} Nim & Nike

ABOVE: dexter and ash.
edit: landon DOES NOT look like that. I don't know who he looks like, but it aint zac!

By the time Monday came, the whole school knew about Ares and I.

Gossip flooded the corridors, eyes glued on me like I was the elephant in the room. "I bet he hits her." They said. "He's probably using her, trying to get into her pack."

It was horrible. I felt like no matter what I said, all they saw was a gun pointed to my head.

I asked Landon to try and calm it all down, seeing how popular he was. But all he said was "If you're going to be with a rogue, face the consequences."

Of course I was going to be with Ares. He's my mate....

My parents and little brother Ash are due to be home this time next week. I'm sure they'll be the last ones to find out about this all. When they come back, they'll even find out about Leroy, Dexter's mate. Dexter and I were going to drop bomb shells on them, I hoped that they wouldn't see us any differently...

Landon was the only one of the four of us who was mateless. Even young Ash had his girlfriend Angel, the beta's sister. He couldn't possibly understand what it feels like. How from the moment you meet them, all your morals and conditions fade away. I hope that when he finds her, he'll see things differently.

This morning, Ares pulled into my driveway in a shiny black car. The one and only BMW logo glistened back at me as I peered through the window.

"What's he doing here?" Landon growls, looking down on Ares is the car.

"Driving me to school." I tell him, picking up my books and backpack.

He folds his arms, glaring. "I can do that."

I gave him a small laugh, "Well you don't have to anymore."

I kiss him on the cheek like usual before I leave to go anywhere. He sighs, facing the inevitable.

"Guess you don't need me anymore." It was more of a give-me-sympathy statement rather than a joke. He's been trying to make me feel bad since the day he found out about Ares.

I leave anyway, pushing the thought out of my mind. If Landon didn't approve, that was his problem.

Ares wears his signature denim jacket and a grey shirt under it. He has made the risky decision of wearing jeans with his jacket, but finishing up the look with Chuck Taylor's. He dresses old fashioned; I like it.

"You look good." He tells me as we reverse out of my driveway.

I give a small smile, because I was about to tell him the same thing. I wear black skinny jeans with thick black boots, topping it off with a grey singlet. I like to dress prepared for anything.

"So do you," I eye him. Ares looks hot with a tight shirt on. Sometimes I wonder if we were connected by the mate bond, would I still find him attractive? And the answer is yes, because Ares looks good no matter what.

"Can I ask a question?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. My heart jitters, I hate that question.

"Hmm?" I mumble in response trying to play it cool.