{29} Aurora

boom boom, another update.

above: daddy ares

----

"Shh, it's okay baby."

I gently patted Coby's back, bouncing my entire body calmy. My eyes had barely adjusted to the light before I was up on my feet. How long would it be until they didn't cry in the night anymore? Months? Years?

He continued to wailed, showing off his strong set of lungs. The tears seemed to crash down his small cheeks, complimenting his snotty little nose.

The biggest disadvantage to having twins, was that if one woke up so did the other. And that's exactly what happened.

I found myself holding a baby in each arm, swaying them back and forth, singing, pulling every trick in the book. Nothing was working, they just wouldn't stop crying.

"Need some help?" A voice said from behind me.

It didn't matter who it was, I would've said yes. I didn't have enough limbs to support both my children for much longer.

"Did they wake you?" I ask Thena, who kindly takes Chase from my left side instinctively.

"They do most nights." She yawns, swaddling Chase into his blanket before holding him in her arms. "That's okay though. They're my nephews after all."

For the first time, Thena seemed to be someone I could talk to. I knew her for her spicy argumentituve attitude, who knew she was really a loving aunty?

I wonder if the other pack members had been disturbed by the midnight screaming. If so, I'll do something about how thick these walls are. I want everyone to have a peaceful sleep in my pack.

"Aurora." Thena grabs my attention nervously. "I know that we have never been the best of friends. But as much as I hate to say it, I'm grateful for the opertunity to be in this pack. It's kinda like... a little weird family."

I paused at her words, amazed that she would every say something like that. Our little weird family of a rogue, a teen mother, wizards, dragons and even a vampire. It was an oddly beautiful thing.

"You're Ares' little sister, you're family now." I gesture to the babies in our arms.

Who would have thought the two of us would ever get along? I would have never saw the day.

"Do you think you'll have another?" She asks, patting Chase's back.

"Another what?" I ask. Setting down Coby because he's stopped crying.

"Baby, you know? A daughter or something?" I laugh at her as quietly as I can. I know she means in the future & not now, but I still found the thought laughable.

"God no. Two at sixteen is enough to stop you forever. I couldn't deal with another litter, especially if it were more than two. I'm a triplet myself, I'd hate for that to happen. And can you imagine Ares with a daughter? He would freak."

She chuckles, setting Chase down next to his brother gently. Tucking them in and watching them sleep.

"You're right." She smiles tiredly, looking down at the twins.