{32} Coby

Above: no one, im lazy

---------

"What?"

I watch as Ares blinks repeatedly, but his eyes never flick back to the same green they once were today. He looks at 'Darius' with a disgusted look of confusion. But I'm sure that the more that he looks at his father, the more he sees the striking resemblance.

"Come on now, son. That's not a way to greet your dad." Darius chuckles evilly, making me want to gag.

"You'll never be my father." Ares growls, placing a finger on the rogue's chest. Darius politely removes it, giving a small smile.

"I've always been your father. You can't change that."

I can't decide if Ares looks more angrier than sad, or sadder than angrier. His jaw clenches, and I swallow. He's definitely angry.

"You raped my mother." Ares spits, trying to cower over someone who is his same height.

"For good reason too. Hasn't your darling Aurora told you?"

All eyes spin to me, and I'm quick to defend myself. Ares' eyes burn through me with anger, but I remain calm.

"You know him? You knew what he is to me and you didn't tell me?"

"It's not like that, Ares. We had a meeting with him, the alpha rogue, remember? Landon organised it. I didn't want to tell you that he was your dad because I knew it would hurt more than not knowing who your dad is at all."

Ares turns to me, and through he corner of my eye I see Darius smile at me. That evil piece of shit. My wolf trembles inside of me, scared of being scolded by our mate.

"You had no fucking right to do that." His face scrunches up at me, disgusted. "And you have some fucking nerve coming here, to see me, after all these years." He turns to his father, shaking his head.

One of the boys begin to cry, probably sensing that his father is angry. The tension feels humid, and suffocating. I remember feeling this kind of energy when I first met Ares.

I squat down at the push chair level, and find Coby balling his eyes out. I unbuckle him, and hold him in my arms. He calms down immediately. But Ares still flicks me an aggressive glare.

"Yes!" Darius suddenly cheers. "Just look at you. You're a true rogue. Even your eyes, look at how red they are. That's my boy."

"I'm not rogue. Not anymore." Ares shakes his head.

I imagine taking the stroller with the twins and walking far away from here. I imagine that we never ran into the alpha rogue. And imagine that Ares isn't mad at me. But that of course, is just my imagination.

"You'll always be apart of you. Just like your sons, it'll always be apart of them."

I can't believe that this is the same man who called Ares a waste of potential just days ago. What's his game? Why is he doing this to me? I gave him what he wanted, we made our deal, and now he's trying to torture me even more.

"Don't talk about me, or my sons like you know us. You don't know us. You'll never even get to know us because you're evil. How can you even look at me in the eyes knowing that you raped my mother? You left her there to die! I'm nothing like you. Nothing."