{30} Asher

ABOVE: Ares, who else?

Chapter {30}

--------

I turn over to my side, rolling awake. Ares stares back it me, under the covers. How could I do this to him?

I've gone behind his back, ready to trade my life and not tell him. I can't bring myself to tell him. And I think that's much more selfish than even making a deal with the devil.

"Morning, beautiful." He smiles, his voice is still a deep husk.

"Good morning, baby." I reply, inching forward to kiss him on the lips.

"Did you sleep well? You didn't come home until late so you must've been tired."

I didn't even tell him where I really was, just simply that I was with Landon devising a plan to fix this all. I guess it was half true...

"Like an angel." I smile, my cheeks reach my eyes so much that I squint.

"You are an angel." He smirks cheekily with a grin plastered on his face.

I kiss him again, on his cheeks, forehead, nose and neck. Rolling on top of him, the sheets still on top of us keeping me warm. I wrap my legs around his hips and cuddle the life out of him.

"Rori!" He chuckles happily. "I can't breathe."

I unwrap my legs as tightly as they were but still remain where I am. Placing my palms on his bare chest and rubbing gently.

"What's got into you this morning?" He hums, enjoying his little rub.

"Nothing," I lie. "I just love you do damn much."

His eyes flicker green, and I can't help but smile. What a beautiful gift the moon goddess has given him. They glow a neon colour, luring me in like a moth to a lightbulb. I kiss him again, feeling overwhelmed with love & lust. Our tongues dance together, and he smiles mid-kiss pulling me closer.

His entire body rises, flipping me on my back and resting between my legs. He trails down my neck and over my collarbones softly with his lips. I twist his curly hair between my fingers, pulling gently. He takes my neck in his mouth and sucks deeply, nibbling when he lets go.

When he pulls back up to catch his breath, I see the change in his eyes. The familiar yellow that got me into all of this.

"You're beautiful." He tells me, sweeping my morning hair from my face to behind my ear. "Your eyes are so gorgeous. And your hair, it always smells so good. How do you do that? When I wash my hair---"

"Just shut up and kiss me." I giggle, directing his face towards mine.

His hands roam my body, lifting up my shirt. Our stomachs press together and I feel lost in all the heat. Consumed by our bond. Moments like these are the ones where I feel as though we're tied into one.

I feel him begining to pull off his sweatpants just as the baby monitor next to us begins to scream.

He flops, groaning with a hint annoyance. He picks up the baby monitor, looking like he's about to throw it with frustration when I stop him.