{35} Artemis

Ohh! that was one big break, a month! my bad...

dont forget to VOTE ♡
ABOVE: me, lol

How would you spend your last day on Earth?

The day before your seventeenth birthday --- your last full day on earth. Would you try desperately to get to sleep, as the father of your children sleeps contemptibly by your side? How many sheep would it take to count before you finally drift off to sleep?

Here I lay, looking up at the dark abyss of a ceiling, wondering if my eyes are shut or not. Maybe they've just been open for so long I've forgotten how to blink.

Ares spreads out comfortably, like the typical stomach-sleeper he is. I listen to his quiet breathing, in then out. I wanted to run my fingers through his curly hair without waking him up. But I knew he'd wake up, so I sat there; and I stared.

Muffles escape from the baby monitor --- little grizzles slowly turn into uncomfortable murmurs. I slip from the bed, taking the monitor in my hand and turning it down so Ares doesn't wake up. I don't mind getting up to settle the boys, especially in a time like this.

Any second with them was worth it.

I stand, stretching for a second, before silently walking to the room next door. The room feels cold, but humidly cold. A stuffy, thick chill that makes my skin crawl.

Instinctively, I rush to the twins. The air made me feel like something wasn't right, and my heart races because of it. My feet slap against the floor to their room --- I open the door letting the hallway light seep in.

A dark tall figure stands over the cribs. A silhouette. A feminine one. I wanted to think that it was just Thena checking in, but it wasn't.

Thena's hair was short --- not like the long, curled locks belonging to the person in front of me. She was holding my baby -- her arms swayed, I knew she knew that I was behind her, but for some reason we both did nothing.

I knew this wasn't someone to be threatened by. The thick air became thin, I could breathe again. "Who are you?"

My wolf was telling me to relax, but my human side told me to be cautious.

I walk carefully, nearing my sons. I see Chase sleeping peacefully while Coby remains in her arms. She spins, whipping me with her long dark hair, enlightening me with her radiant blue eyes. Her beauty takes me by surprise, leaving me speechless. Perfectly cut cheekbones and daring shaped eyes, she looked like a work of art.

"Hello, Aurora." She smiles, stroking the hairs on Coby's head soothingly.

I drop the baby monitor. It hits the floor, but on a rug gently.

I know who she is.

My throat closes, as my mind wraps itself around why she's here.

Is this a dream?

"Careful, now. We don't want to wake your boys." She gestures swiftly to Cobes; everything she does is angelic. "They're beautiful by the way. Absolutely perfect."

I swallow, standing uncomfortably in my pajama shorts and one of Ares' baggy shirts. "What are you doing here?"

She sighs lightly, placing my son back down in his crib. They didn't even flinch in her presence, they trusted her as if she was their mother. And I guess she is in a way, our mother.